Spyder Garage

Default Need advice on finding enclosed trailer size for hauling 2 RTs.

Looking for advice and experience on hauling 2 RTs in an enclosed trailer? Thinking Aluminum trailer might be better due to the size needed.
    Size needed for hauling 2 RTs. Suggestions on reasonably priced brands that travel & wear well. Towing behind Motor home. Is V-nose better?
    Thanks for all your help.

Spyder Garage

I have not towed it behind a motor home but have pulled it many times with my truck about 30,000 miles. If you live in michigan then you have seen snowmobile trailers and how they are loaded. I have a deck over all aluminum trailer, 2 axles and 15” wheels. It is 16’ box with a 5’ V nose (21’ total) I can drive one RT in and back another one in with plenty of room. My trailer is 8’ wide. I have about 6 inches between the front wheels and back wheel. You need to pull it in and back up so the back end is about 2’ from the side wall. The first one is pulled in about 16 feet or when the V starts. That gives you about 4.5’ behind. The second one is backed in so the nose is about 8” from the rear ramp door. Hope this helps as in size. I have a blizzard but NEO and R&R are made in michigan I’d get one of them.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I have not towed it behind a motor home but have pulled it many times with my truck about 30,000 miles. If you live in michigan then you have seen snowmobile trailers and how they are loaded. I have a deck over all aluminum trailer, 2 axles and 15” wheels. It is 16’ box with a 5’ V nose (21’ total) I can drive one RT in and back another one in with plenty of room. My trailer is 8’ wide. I have about 6 inches between the front wheels and back wheel. You need to pull it in and back up so the back end is about 2’ from the side wall. The first one is pulled in about 16 feet or when the V starts. That gives you about 4.5’ behind. The second one is backed in so the nose is about 8” from the rear ramp door. Hope this helps as in size. I have a blizzard but NEO and R&R are made in michigan I’d get one of them.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are your bikes in the trailer presently and if so, could we get a picture, please. Is 8x16 floor area or size of the trailer with wheels included?

Spyder Garage

The sleds are in the trailer. Here is what I would do. Go get 2- 16’ 2x4’s and 1- 8’ 2x4’s. Make the outline of the trailer in your garage or in a parking lot “Make a U” and put both bikes in the U. This will tell you what size you wan’t. My trailer is a DECK over which means the wheels are under the trailer. No wheel wells flat deck! I went to Harbor freight and purchased a set of ramps, cut the ends down and I have no problems loading them. I also have rubber on the loading ramps too. I can’t really take any pictures right now. Sleds take precedent this time of year.

My trailer is 101” wide. The length of the box is 16th’ then another 5’ to the point of the triangle front. So interior is 21’ long from back door to the point of trailer. The interior is about 7’11-8’ inside.

Here is a link to my trailer when I was customizing the inside. It is on a snowmobile forum but you can still view the build and how it looks. https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic...-many-options/

I recommend the V. You can always pull farther ahead if needed and lots of space for storage. You could also technically back one in and then pull one in a row. They spyder RT needs 9’. That gives you about 6” of extra space front and back. If you plan to simply go in a row get the 7’ wide. Still go with the 16’ with V. Look at all the pages of the build. There was a lot of detail put into the trailer and its layout.

Spyder Garage

The RTS’ are every bit of 9’ long. You need room to be able to secure the Spyders. I chose to purchase a 7 x 20 (plus 2’ V) Lightning all aluminum cargo trailer made by Forest River. I prefer the 7’ wide because the floor is lower and the ramp angle less steep when compared to a deck-over. No additional ramps are needed. The trailer is very lightweight for the size and easy to tow. I found mine used on CL for a very reasonable price. An all aluminum snowmobile trailer would also be a great choice.
    2022 RT-L , Silver