Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Captcha for search

Question Anthony! Why do we need to do the Captcha verification for every search we do when we are logged in? I can see using it for people not logged in but why when we are logged in?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

You'd probably be MUCH better off sending that question thru the Contact Us link down the bottom of each page - by posting questions for Anthony here in the public pages, it might gain attention for your issue, but it might take a loooong time for Anthony to actually find it... he doesn't read every post in every thread that hits the public pages, but he DOES get to read all of the msgs sent via the Contact Us link! (Sorry Anthony! )

That said, I really think this might be something to do with YOUR set-up?! I certainly don't ever hafta go thru the Captcha Verification when I do a search, and I can assure you, I do LOTS of searches! Have you done anything or changed anything on your local service &/or device lately? It does sound annoying, but I can't see how anything platform or Forum based could make this happen for only some users without effecting ALL users?? And AFAIK or have heard to date, it doesn't seem to be effecting all users!!? Got me?!

But please, do try the Contact Us link!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    You'd probably be MUCH better off sending that question thru the Contact Us link down the bottom of each page - by posting questions for Anthony here in the public pages, it might gain attention for your issue, but it might take a loooong time for Anthony to actually find it... he doesn't read every post in every thread that hits the public pages, but he DOES get to read all of the msgs sent via the Contact Us link! (Sorry Anthony! )

That said, I really think this might be something to do with YOUR set-up?! I certainly don't ever hafta go thru the Captcha Verification when I do a search, and I can assure you, I do LOTS of searches! Have you done anything or changed anything on your local service &/or device lately? It does sound annoying, but I can't see how anything platform or Forum based could make this happen for only some users without effecting ALL users?? And AFAIK or have heard to date, it doesn't seem to be effecting all users!!? Got me?!

But please, do try the Contact Us link!
    I noticed the other day I'm in the same boat as IMF on this issue …..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Happens with Edge and Chrome also. This was the first time, I believe, that I accessed SL using Chrome. I almost never use either of those.

I could be wrong, of course, but I figure Anthony probably has an automated filter in place that will pop up or highlight any post that contains his name. That's why I started it out that way. But I'll try to remember the Contact route next time. Then again, by posting in the forum and attracting responses he can get a feel whether it's an isolated, minor, or major issue throughout the forum.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I just tried with Chrome and didn't get any Captcha. Could be corrected now?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    I still get it. I logged off, cleared cookies and cache, logged in, and still get the Captcha. Also, does simple search using the box at the upper right of the forum index page work for you? When I use it I immediately get taken to the advanced search page.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    I just did the same thing. Used the plain search and advanced search. Neither showed the typical Captcha box.

BTW, regular search stayed that way, it did not throw me into advanced.

Windows 10, updates current. Chrome Version 80.0.3987.106 (Official Build) (64-bit). If that helps any.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

It's a mystery to me!

Edit: I just tried and get it on my laptop, my other desktop, and my Android tablet. Sure points to something at the SL end and not my end unless it has something to do with my Internet provider.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-18-2020 at 12:54 AM. Reason: add the edit

2014 Copper RTS

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Search

No search problems for me.
    Sorry for those who have an issue.
    Hopefully someone will find a fix. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

No issues with search on safari

Spyder Garage

I wonder if it's related. I can't make a pin stick on the spyderlovers user map either.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I just did search with Chromebook and had no problems (Captcha)
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also just did a search-no captcha problems. Dale

Spyder Garage

I access the site through Google Chrome. I have experienced no issues with logging on or making searches. No Captcha elements have popped up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I access the site through Google Chrome. I have experienced no issues with logging on or making searches. No Captcha elements have popped up.
    Same here.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Whatever the glitch was Anthony has fixed it. No more Captcha!

BK911, check to see if it's fixed for you too.

2014 Copper RTS