Spyder Garage

Default ROLO Laser Alignments in Florida

Is there a potential market worth pursuing in Florida for ROLO alignments at a customers location.

I have the ROLO equipment for aligning Spyders, and BUDS for resetting the sensors.

My alignment experience includes aligning many vehicles from aircraft, cars, trucks, and yes Spyders, add to this my almost 40 years as an aircraft mechanic and longer as a motorcycle rider / mechanic.

Scoping out opinions from others regarding if this is worth considering.

Spyder Garage

It is worth considering. It does take a bit of time to build up a reputation like the traveling group has.

It's all about customer service.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-17-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

By my count there are 12 Rolo alignment shops in FL according to the spydercomfort web site. As ARtraveler mentioned you will have to build a reputation to compete with the current traveling teams, time and accuracy foremost as well as willingness to verify alignment accuracy free of charge. And it probably would help to have the capability to provide additional small services if you plan to attend rallies. You've invested in the two critical pieces of equipment so it seems to me you have to go all in if you want to be successful, recover your investment and make a profit as opposed to just dabbling. Good luck!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Joe and Anne Meyer stay busy (until the 2020 demo circuit assignment came along) but they do quite a bit more than just alignments. And they travel a lot, mostly around the Southwest. My guess would be that to make it really worthwhile you'll need to be gone from home a lot. But you are in a part of the country, i.e., the Southeast, where the density of owners would work in your favor. I've considered doing it myself but the density of owners in the Northwest is a negative. Plus, motorcycle related activities mostly take place in the summer over here, and that is when I want to play!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Paul, build confidence, and a client base, and travel. We are successful after 10 years of work! You can do great, but it takes time, and you have to travel. Like 30,000 miles a year, for many years, to develop the reputation to go and support the rallies. We welcome new people, and are thrilled to have partners who have our standards! Lots to learn, and we love this community. Our current assignment is to expose as many folks to the new RT, and we are doing that. Go for it! Plenty of Spyders need an alignment! Do your best, and make as many people happy as possible! We love to ride, and want to share that as much as possible! We love this, and don’t focus on profit. It helps we are ok with that! Go help people!!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Paul, build confidence, and a client base, and travel. We are successful after 10 years of work! You can do great, but it takes time, and you have to travel. Like 30,000 miles a year, for many years, to develop the reputation to go and support the rallies. We welcome new people, and are thrilled to have partners who have our standards! Lots to learn, and we love this community. Our current assignment is to expose as many folks to the new RT, and we are doing that. Go for it! Plenty of Spyders need an alignment! Do your best, and make as many people happy as possible! We love to ride, and want to share that as much as possible! We love this, and don’t focus on profit. It helps we are ok with that! Go help people!!!
    Thank you on the info and vote of confidence. Your comment regarding helping is a key to this. Currently, no intentions to travel anywhere near the distances that you and your wife travel. Keeping all this on a lesser scale while helping others and retain fun is important.

I was using this topic to gage the urgency of getting this program underway. Seeing no replies from any Florida riders allows the need to get this going to stay at its current pace.

Again, thanks for the reply and kind words.

Spyder Garage

You might want to get in touch with jcthorne in the Houston area. He does ROLO alignments, oil and tire changes at his shop. I don’t think he travels like the Meyers do but I understand he does real well.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Just go. Daytona is around the corner. Find a spot, and start a thread. People will come. I’m sure there is a group there. Offer to check for free. More practice is better! You’ll do great!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system