Spyder Garage

Default Garmin 595 Install on 2016 RT

I purchased a new Garmin 595LT, and would like to take advantage of the Spyder features.
    I took the Right side panels off and found the power connection and what looks like an audio jack. Are these for the GPS?
    The cable from the mount breaks out to several cables:
    1. Black and Red (fused) wires.
    2. A USB Port
    3. Two round jacks, both labeled "Audio."
    4. A smaller jack labeled "MIC IN."
    Of course the Power wires need to be connected, I would think to the connector under the seat on the R side of the tank.
    One of the audio connectors to the audio plug beside the tank??? If so, which one (does it matter?)?
    Should the others be connected? If so, where?

Thanks,
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...3ADA0760C.html

One audio is out from the 595 to your bike - 3.5mm jack at right rear of tank. The other 595 connector is audio in to the 595. The connectors are normally labelled on there side. Put your specs on!!

The unused connectors can be tied off and left unconnected.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

I bought some AMP Superseal 1.5 connectors off of Ebay to hook up the power to the connector behind the tank. I didn't hook up anything else as I didn't need it. Getting the big harness connector through the steering head is tough, and pulling the right headlight makes the job easier. I have Tri Axis bars and the small hole may have made the job worse. Routing down the right side is important so as to not damage the wire. There are instructions here; https://instructions.brp.com/content...ion.html#tab=2
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRosePetal View Post
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...3ADA0760C.html

One audio is out from the 595 to your bike - 3.5mm jack at right rear of tank. The other 595 connector is audio in to the 595. The connectors are normally labelled on there side. Put your specs on!!

The unused connectors can be tied off and left unconnected.
    No need to insult. In my original post I said what they are labeled. "Put you specs on!!
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    No need to insult. In my original post I said what they are labeled. "Put you specs on!!
    I gave you all the information you requested plus a wee jest and you get angry! Perhaps you were having a bad day.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.