Spyder Garage

Question Replacement Part Identification

I am hopeful for some help identifying a needed replacement part. I bought a used 2017 RT SE6 with only 1650 miles on it. What a sweet ride! I drove the front wheels up on my car ramps to do an inspection underneath and found a bottomed out mess up front just behind the skid plate protection!

There are two (left and right) side black plastic covers just behind the front cowl/skid plate area on each side on the main frame rail that are both cracked up and missing pieces, one of which is mostly gone and there is a wire harness bundled exposed but not damaged!

How can I identify these part numbers to order replacements and repair this mess?

Thank you in advance
    Dave

Spyder Garage

cheapcycleparts will have the exploded parts diagrams and part numbers, can order form them as well

Spyder Garage
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Yes that’s what I need
    Thank you
    You guys are awesome help here!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amfadave View Post
    I am hopeful for some help identifying a needed replacement part. I bought a used 2017 RT SE6 with only 1650 miles on it. What a sweet ride! I drove the front wheels up on my car ramps to do an inspection underneath and found a bottomed out mess up front just behind the skid plate protection!

There are two (left and right) side black plastic covers just behind the front cowl/skid plate area on each side on the main frame rail that are both cracked up and missing pieces, one of which is mostly gone and there is a wire harness bundled exposed but not damaged!

How can I identify these part numbers to order replacements and repair this mess?

Thank you in advance
    Dave
    Are you referring to the underside of the main part of the Spyder below the seat, or the underside of the frunk? If the frunk then the PO rode up onto a concrete bumper or something of the sort. If not, then it sounds like the PO rode it on a rock pile, or maybe ran over a goat-sized armadillo! I'd look close under there to make sure there isn't some real damage to the bottom of the engine and transmission. I'd say it's rather unusual for those covers to be severely beat up.

Your reference to skid plate is a bit confusing as we usually think of skid plate in terms of an after market 3/8" thick poly sheet attached to the bottom of the frunk.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Are you referring to the underside of the main part of the Spyder below the seat, or the underside of the frunk? If the frunk then the PO rode up onto a concrete bumper or something of the sort. If not, then it sounds like the PO rode it on a rock pile, or maybe ran over a goat-sized armadillo! I'd look close under there to make sure there isn't some real damage to the bottom of the engine and transmission. I'd say it's rather unusual for those covers to be severely beat up.

Your reference to skid plate is a bit confusing as we usually think of skid plate in terms of an after market 3/8" thick poly sheet attached to the bottom of the frunk.
    How or why He did it doesn't matter - I'm sure He feels plenty crappy, without any feedback about it - just sayin ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    How or why He did it doesn't matter - I'm sure He feels plenty crappy, without any feedback about it - just sayin ..... Mike
    I don't think Dave did it, at least not from what he said. I read it to mean the previous owner was the one who bashed in the bottom side and Dave wants to fix it right. I understand he just got the Spyder and was doing an all around inspection when he found the damage. If it was Dave who banged up the bottom, then right, your comment is right on.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I don't think Dave did it, at least not from what he said. I read it to mean the previous owner was the one who bashed in the bottom side and Dave wants to fix it right. I understand he just got the Spyder and was doing an all around inspection when he found the damage. If it was Dave who banged up the bottom, then right, your comment is right on.
    …. I've re-read the OP's post and will admit He FOUND the damage - didn't cause it ….. sorry …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    …. I've re-read the OP's post and will admit He FOUND the damage - didn't cause it ….. sorry …. Mike
    No problem! We're good!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

My 2015 RT was shredded under there also. I removed all the plastic skid plates and installed this skid plate..
    https://www.denniskirk.com/rivco/ski...prd/519273.sku
    The only problem with the install is the part needed to secure it up to the bottom of the frunk is only available as part of the Rivco Front Bumper. So I made my own plate.
    https://www.denniskirk.com/rivco/chr...prd/519274.sku
    It's a Aluminum Plate with holes in approiate places that fits in the bottom of the frunk. I'd love to have that front bumper but at $349.99 it'll wait until after I get the ECU hopped up. Check the instructions for both items and you'll see what can be Mickey Moused like mine. Have fun. Oh, I also installed Baja Ron's Shock Adjusters to help get the nose up a little higher. And so far have only scrapped bottom one time, but I am 275#s and ride that bitch hard.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black