Spyder Garage

Default Extended warranty

My OEM factory warranty is fixing to run out in April and I've been calling around trying to find the best price on a extended warranty for 3 more years. In calling my local Can-Am dealership they quoted me on Torque American Guardian Warranty Co. and also on BRP's BEST warranty. Has anybody used American Guardian Warranty? I have never heard of them before but my local dealership tells me they cover a lot more than the BEST Warranty does. So is anybody using American Guardian Warranty and if so have you had any trouble with a claim? Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2020 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Title - Extened

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

What prices are you being quoted? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    What prices are you being quoted? Tom
    I've only checked with my local dealership so far and I think they are going to be high. They quoted me the BEST at $1299.00 and the American Guardian at $999.00. Both are for an extra 3 years.

Spyder Garage

Your dealer is way high you can get the best warranty for 36 months $671.00 call Sierra Cycles in Arizona. You can do it by phone.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

3 years for Best is about 671.00 at I-motorsports. And I think they cover more than most aftermarkets. Your dealer must have a boat payment due. Ripoff.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I'll re-enforce the BEST warranty. Call IMotorsports.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BEST Warranty

Yes, 3 years for $671.00. Got it from my local dealer......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I chose the BEST over aftermarket because of something I was told, but didn't verify (so take it for what it's worth). The BEST warranty will be honored at all Can Am dealerships, while aftermarket warranties may or may not be accepted. I want to go cross country on mine, so the possibility of breakdown away from home made me choose BEST. YMMV.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

It's my understanding that the dealer cost for the 3 year BEST warranty is $600.
    So anything under $700 would be a deal.
    Gary
    2017 RTL Asphalt Gray Metalic
    1987 BMW K75s

Spyder Garage

Yep, I live in Florida and purchased my BEST extended warranty from Sierra Cycles in Arizona. Since my bike came with a bonus three year warranty, I only had to buy an additional two years. Best price I could find and absolutely great people to deal with.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I have also checked with iMotorsports and they are at $671 for 3 years. I have bought 2 Spyders from them and are great people to work with. I was just trying to support my local dealership but with prices almost double I just can't do it. I haven't checked with Bert's or Sierra cycles as yet.

Spyder Garage

The BEST warranty is the only extended warranty I have ever purchased... and it paid for itself with three different repairs. Pay the first $50 and the rest is covered. I have never heard of the other after-market they are quoting you.
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

I just purchased an extended BEST warranty from

Sierra Cycles

520 459-2589

David Levitt (real nice guy)

Pricing

1 year $421
    2 Years $571
    3 Years $671

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Well finally got around to check with Bert's Mega Mall and I was alittle shocked that they weren't equal to the other quotes I got as everybody was saying they are the least expensive for the extended warranty. Talked to Jennifer, buy the way a very nice lady on the phone and there prices are 2 years $671.00 and 3 years at $771.00. I asked them if they would meet what I've been quoted by the other dealers and they would not match the price. So it looks like its either Sierra Cycles or iMotorsports for the best price for 3 years at $671.00

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Well finally got around to check with Bert's Mega Mall and I was alittle shocked that they weren't equal to the other quotes I got as everybody was saying they are the least expensive for the extended warranty. Talked to Jennifer, buy the way a very nice lady on the phone and there prices are 2 years $671.00 and 3 years at $771.00. I asked them if they would meet what I've been quoted by the other dealers and they would not match the price. So it looks like its either Sierra Cycles or iMotorsports for the best price for 3 years at $671.00
    Good to know.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can you use the BEST warranty in FL??????
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Can you use the BEST warranty in FL??????
    Absolutely, verified with BRP customer service.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I purchased a 5 year Cornerstone extended warranty from Sierra Cycles (SC) for near $1100 for my new 2020 RTL. I wanted a longer term and SC's experience with Cornerstone was very good, and they are well represented within motorsports firms. Thus, I could likely get service and coverage anywhere should I have a problem. They also offer cancelation and refund for unused portions if you sell the bike before the end of the term.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I bought the B.E.S.T. warranty, three extra years, and lost he gamble last Sept when it expired as my Spyder has been trouble free for 65,000 miles except for the parking brake motor replaced under factory warranty the first year. I would still get another B.E.S.T. if I buy another Spyder but right now that's doubtful because I hope to get another 100K out of this one.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Ryker ACE 600 - BEST 3 YR extended warranty $621 - purchased today from Sierra Cycles - Az.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfann View Post
    Ryker ACE 600 - BEST 3 YR extended warranty $621 - purchased today from Sierra Cycles - Az.
    It looks like the dealers are lowering their prices on the B.E.S.T. warranty. They're selling it for $621.00 for 36 months at iMotorsports, too.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

It does pay to shop. If you pay over $700 for three years, you probably paid to much.
    Caveat Emptor--Let the buyer beware.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red