Thread: sway bar swap

Spyder Garage

Default sway bar swap

Which is the heavier sway bar, 2010 RT or F3 2016 and can you fit the RT one to the F3? I remember reading somewhere it was possible

Spyder Garage

I put my 2015 Stock RTS sway bar on my 2018 F3L. Wasn't much of an improvement. Later got the Bajaron sway bar. So much better. The quality of the steel is what makes the difference. Now I have 2 stock sway bars sitting in my garage. To answer your question. I know a 2014 - 2019 RT bar will fit all F3 models. Do not know if early models were the same.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

There is another recent swaybar thread where I was asking about the difference and Bajaron chimed in with all that you need to know about the different swaybars. Good info - go there and learn.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I sold my 2014 RT stock sway bar to a member who installed it on his wife's F3.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I sold my 2014 RT stock sway bar to a member who installed it on his wife's F3.
    And the result was....?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kiwirs View Post
    Which is the heavier sway bar, 2010 RT or F3 2016 and can you fit the RT one to the F3? I remember reading somewhere it was possible
    The sway bar off the 2010 RT will not fit on the 2016 F3

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Putting an RT sway bar on an F3 is possible (only don't forget that you'll need the placcy 'bushes' that hold the centre section of the bar to the chassis tho!) and you will see SOME improvement..... But really, I reckon that if you've got to the riding discernment & ability/requirement stage that you are aware that you could do with/want a bit more 'roll resistance' & stability from a better sway bar, why would you want to go for the 2/5th's of 3/8's of F/A option instead of doing it properly?? Yeah, if budget is that much of a concern, then it IS an improvement.... but it's really only just!!

Instead of the chalk & cheese analogy I used last time someone asked, how about this time we try spaghetti?!? The F3 bar is sorta like over cooked spaghetti, a whole lotta limp & soggy; the RT bar is only just still 'al dente' spaghetti, but it's firm enough that you can stick it to the wall/thru some corners; while the BajaRon bar is firm enough to use as an anti-sway bar that lets you really enjoy the ryde!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-12-2020 at 10:07 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Putting an RT sway bar on an F3 is possible (only don't forget that you'll need the placcy 'bushes' that hold the centre section of the bar to the chassis tho!) and you will see SOME improvement..... But really, I reckon that if you've got to the riding discernment & ability/requirement stage that you are aware that you could do with/want a bit more 'roll resistance' & stability from a better sway bar, why would you want to go for the 2/5th's of 3/8's of F/A option instead of doing it properly?? Yeah, if budget is that much of a concern, then it IS an improvement.... but it's really only just!!

Instead of the chalk & cheese analogy I used last time someone asked, how about this time we try spaghetti?!? The F3 bar is sorta like over cooked spaghetti, a whole lotta limp & soggy; the RT bar is only just still 'al dente' spaghetti, but it's firm enough that you can stick it to the wall/thru some corners; while the BajaRon bar is firm enough to use as an anti-sway bar that lets you really enjoy the ryde!
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

hi kiwi
    i just swapped my rt 2015 sway bar to my f3 2016 and as everyone has said....i couldnt tell the difference
    not sure if ill go to aftermarket bar as the bike handles well anyway,but as JP58 says...'i had the thing in the garage anyway'

my advice FWIW leave it stock or go aftermarket

pre 2013 prob wont fit anyway as previously mentioned

russ
    pres ride
    2014 RT-S
    bike is WIP
    bike has endured elect spike (was jump started incorrectly)
    still a WIP but bike is now running and registered....swapped out 5 modules mostly sourced from Canadian wrecker