Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Posting Photo's?

Got to be easy, I see them throughout the the forum. My 'how to' search has not been successful, help, and thanks.

Spyder Garage

When you go to make a new post click the “go advanced” tab. Then scroll down to “manage attachments “ and click the file that you want to insert. You can also click the insert image icon on the toolbar. The trick is to get it right side up.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Try looking in the Forum Support & Testing area there area many post there that can help with that. Look at the stickie also at the top inside that area.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    When you go to make a new post click the “go advanced” tab. Then scroll down to “manage attachments “ and click the file that you want to insert. You can also click the insert image icon on the toolbar. The trick is to get it right side up.
    Thanks Rapid...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Got to be easy, I see them throughout the the forum. My 'how to' search has not been successful, help, and thanks.
    I initially had issues with this, but found a couple of things that make it real simple (for me). I found the size of the picture can't be too large (somewhere around 180-200 Kb), but I can't find the reference right now for the life of me. I has to be really small to load, if it's too large it will just sit and spin without telling you why. I also found that shooting my pictures with a cheapo point and shoot digital camera always assures the orientation is correct, I think maybe all the sideways photos are from phones.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    I initially had issues with this, but found a couple of things that make it real simple (for me). I found the size of the picture can't be too large (somewhere around 180-200 Kb), but I can't find the reference right now for the life of me. I has to be really small to load, if it's too large it will just sit and spin without telling you why. I also found that shooting my pictures with a cheapo point and shoot digital camera always assures the orientation is correct, I think maybe all the sideways photos are from phones.
    My sideways ones are from the phone. The bottom of the phone has to be on the right side or they end up upside down.
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

size is important here. The smallest (on my sizer) are the ones that work. If they load for you, for the site, they will work fine. Clicking on them will make them larger for people to view.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default dhb

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good info, thanks to all who contributed.

Spyder Garage

Good info, thanks to all who contributed.
    Now you have to post some.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

:>) Of course, always adds some trepidation to the post until I get it done, you know, too big, sideways, etc., but if I follow the instructions, hopefully it will be OK.....

Spyder Garage

Depending on your equipment here's my simple recipe. Take the picture with a small point and shoot. Put in an album on the PC. Open with MS Paint or some other program that allows simple resizing and downsize the original image until it's small. Save a copy on the PC. Then start/open the thread you want the picture to appear in and use the square (toolbar, 3rd from the right above the post you are making) to select the "Insert Picture" function. Hunt the picture on your computer and select it and click the upload button. Done. Practice in the test forum.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Working this through the PC will be an additional step for me. I'm doing pics with my iPhone, so I need to import from my iPhone to my PC album some way. My point and shoots have long since gone. So some experimentation is in my future.

Spyder Garage

Working this through the PC will be an additional step for me. I'm doing pics with my iPhone, so I need to import from my iPhone to my PC album some way. My point and shoots have long since gone. So some experimentation is in my future.
    Just goes to show you how much of a dinosaur I've become!
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was one, still am to a larg degree, but I was forced to upgrade, and at my age I may have met my upgrade limit. I have yet to read the book on the toggle, or experiment with it. I can only hope over time, I absorb it.

Spyder Garage

So I too have an iPhone, and when I take a picture it automatically is in the cloud on my iMac (apple computer) don't have to do nothing. Just recently/ last month I upgraded to photobucket for $5 a month. With that I don't need to worry about size etc. program does all that, I choose between thumbnail or regular size. I choose based on the story I am telling. Before photobucket :

I would click on this icon titled "insert image"

large size

then this would pop up and I would from my computer search all my photos, then "choose file", then "upload file"

thumb nail size

hope this helps, if you ever get out to California, look me up and I will show you, the best way!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Ticket, hmmm, California, I was home ported out of Long Beach for four years aboard a Detroyer, man that goes back to the early 50s during the Korean War. Yep, probably getting too long in the tooth for a Spyder trip across the US, sounds good though....

Spyder Garage

I find it's waaay easier to use the 'Manage Attachments' facility that's in the 2nd part of the Additional Options that are shown just down below the text field of Reply to Thread or Add New Thread; it's a lot easier for the poster to add the images and it's easier for the readers to read/see them too! And if you use that Manage Attachments facility instead of inserting each image & by doing so forcing potential viewers to flip between the post & each image on your host site, where they may be too big to show &/or load to view anyway; you can add 5 pics at a time/to each individual post; and it does all the resizing for you, adding each pic as a thumbnail & giving readers the option of clicking on any one of those then scrolling thru all the rest of the images that you've linked without returning to the host site - AND there's waaay less chance of the links being lost or garbaged over time by your photo host or anyone else!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I try to learn something new every other day, thank you Peter!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I find it's waaay easier to use the 'Manage Attachments' facility that's in the 2nd part of the Additional Options that are shown just down below the text field of Reply to Thread or Add New Thread; it's a lot easier for the poster to add the images and it's easier for the readers to read/see them too! And if you use that Manage Attachments facility instead of inserting each image & by doing so forcing potential viewers to flip between the post & each image on your host site, where they may be too big to show &/or load to view anyway; you can add 5 pics at a time/to each individual post; and it does all the resizing for you, adding each pic as a thumbnail & giving readers the option of clicking on any one of those then scrolling thru all the rest of the images that you've linked without returning to the host site - AND there's waaay less chance of the links being lost or garbaged over time by your photo host or anyone else!
    As an addendum to this, under the "go advanced" option, located in the manage attachments dialog box, you will find the recommended sizes of the files allowed by the site. Thanks Peter for remembering that for me!
    h0gr1der