Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone With an RPM Warranty?

Just wondering what you paid, and for how many years? And if you had to use it, any problem? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Had it on my 12 rt for a short time then cancelled. Was $1200 then.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to Florida. Yes, we have RPM One. Never had to use it. In my discussions about it with service people that deal with it on the repair side, they state it is good.

Spyder Garage

Wanted to add, when we got our Spyder, Jan of 2014, it came with 2 years warranty, BRP was offering two additional years promo, that gave us 4 years BRP warranty, which I did utilize for DESS, a shifter paddle setup, and a heavily corroded floorboard that never got fully powdercoated.

So at purchase, 4 years of oem BRP warranty, and purchased 4 years RPM One. 8 years total, so the 2014 Spyder is still covered for 2 more years.

In Florida, BRP extended warranties are not sold. Has to do with the state insurance commission or something. Even if it were, the BRP warranty caps at 5 years I believe.

Most people go with BRP. If you want that, you may need to shop out of state for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Welcome to Florida. Yes, we have RPM One. Never had to use it. In my discussions about it with service people that deal with it on the repair side, they state it is good.
    What did you pay for it. Dealer is quoting me 3yr. no deductible $1300. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Spyder Garage

Hi Tom....seems most are going with the 3-year BEST extension. iMotorsports (Chicago) and Sierra Cycles (AZ, I believe) are offering it around $671. Greg (It can be purchased over the phone)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    What did you pay for it. Dealer is quoting me 3yr. no deductible $1300. Tom
    Sounds high. Granted, we bought in 2014, and got one more year, need to double check with wife, maybe 1100.

Call Chris Bronson at CFPS, ask him what CFPS charges if you are comparing.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought three years of Best in 2016 for my 2014 RTS for something like $700. I think the only thing I had fixed under it was a replacement of the steering shaft as it had excessive handlebar play.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I took RPM on my 2015 for 3 yrs, and paid 869... the salesmen now say I got a really good deal because it's much higher now. I've used it 3 or 4 times too, with no problems and no deductible. It even paid for my tow when the electric parking brake controller failed and would not release the brakes... everything fixed for $0, just last fall. I had to pay only for my cab ride home, 12 mi. (which I didn't even attempt to claim). I originally went with RPM because it's refundable upon cancellation if you sell your bike. I lost $360 on my extended BEST 3-yr warranty when I traded the 2012 before expiration, because that warranty stays with the machine and you're on your own to resell it (I only got half).

I understand RPM's been acquired by a different company now, so YMMV.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I bought three years of Best in 2016 for my 2014 RTS for something like $700. I think the only thing I had fixed under it was a replacement of the steering shaft as it had excessive handlebar play.
    Did the $700 BEST cost pay for itself ? That said, my Triumph 800 Tiger dealer only dealt with RPM as Triumph doesn't offer their own plan. The dealership stated they never had issues with RPM, that's why they selected them. Gee, a four year plan for my 800 Tiger would have been $750, with a five year being $860. Need to find a dealer who will deal with RPM to get a fair cost estimate for the Spyder. They do have a $50 deduct tho if I remember correctly.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They do have a $50 deduct tho if I remember correctly
    My RPM has zero deductible.

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Did the $700 BEST cost pay for itself ?
    Don't know, but probably. The steering column parts were probably about $300 or so, but replacing them would probably have been an all day job since the entire front end had to be taken apart.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

In Florida, BRP extended warranties are not sold. Has to do with the state insurance commission or something. Even if it were, the BRP warranty caps at 5 years I believe.
    Don't know where you got your information but BRP B.E.S.T. warranties are indeed sold in Florida. Very expensive however. I purchased mine from Sierra Cycles in Arizona (a can am dealer) for half what my FL dealer wanted.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    Don't know where you got your information but BRP B.E.S.T. warranties are indeed sold in Florida. Very expensive however. I purchased mine from Sierra Cycles in Arizona (a can am dealer) for half what my FL dealer wanted.
    Came from the 2 different dealers I spoke with. Went with the RPM as it was longer and covered more components. I was also Air Defense Artillery. Nike Hercules nukes surrounding N.Y.C.. Tom

Spyder Garage

RPM has 2 differently policies. One better than the other. Of course more money. Tom

Spyder Garage

Fair enough. According to you, a Florida dealer is now able to sell a BRP BEST warranty.

My info came from people / friends that deal with this within the powersports industry. Maybe the state insurance commission changed and now allows them to sell here. In the past even the advertisement for BEST warranty had a Florida disclaimer.

So at this point, you are stating BEST warranty is available at Florida Spyder dealers, that will be great news to many.

Spyder Garage

This is bad...scroll down to the section “Ready For The Best”, better read what is inside the parenthesis.

I am guessing your dealer is another typical clueless Spyder dealer.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/owner...d-service.html

Spyder Garage

This is bad...scroll down to the section “Ready For The Best”, better read what is inside the parenthesis.

I am guessing your dealer is another typical clueless Spyder dealer.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/owner...d-service.html
    Yes, I see that it says not available in FL. However, at the time I purchased my Spyder in Jan 2019, my selling dealer offered me the BEST warranty for around $1200. From information on this forum I called Sierra Cycles in Arizona and purchased it from them for $570 as shown on the attachment. After a month of so, I called BRP customer service on the phone, talked to a CSR who pulled up my VIN and told me in no uncertain terms that my BEST warrant was in their system and valid anywhere Spyders are sold, including my home state of Florida. They also emailed me the attached contract acknowledgment (I've deleted my personal info and VIN # but left the state ID in). When visiting my selling dealer, they also checked and said it was in the system and valid. Maybe things have changed since then, who knows.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Yes, I see that it says not available in FL. However, at the time I purchased my Spyder in Jan 2019, my selling dealer offered me the BEST warranty for around $1200. From information on this forum I called Sierra Cycles in Arizona and purchased it from them for $570 as shown on the attachment. After a month of so, I called BRP customer service on the phone, talked to a CSR who pulled up my VIN and told me in no uncertain terms that my BEST warrant was in their system and valid anywhere Spyders are sold, including my home state of Florida. They also emailed me the attached contract acknowledgment (I've deleted my personal info and VIN # but left the state ID in). When visiting my selling dealer, they also checked and said it was in the system and valid. Maybe things have changed since then, who knows.
    Your dealer was wrong. The state insurance commission in Florida does not allow a Florida dealer to sell BEST.

You may live in Florida but did not truly purchase your warranty in Florida. You purchased your warranty essentially mail order from another state where it is allowed.

You are correct though, the BEST warranty program is accepted by Florida dealers.

Based on the BRP published info, nothing has changed.

Spyder Garage

Came from the 2 different dealers I spoke with. Went with the RPM as it was longer and covered more components. I was also Air Defense Artillery. Nike Hercules nukes surrounding N.Y.C.. Tom

Tango, if I understand correctly, you did go with RPM One. From discussions with shops, they speak favorably about RPM One. This is in regards to coverage, and also the shop getting paid for work done. We have so far not needed to use the RPM One warranty. Our dealings though when getting cards and such was never a hassle. Hopefully you never need it, but if you do use it, ideally all goes smoothly.

Spyder Garage

I was also Air Defense Artillery. Nike Hercules nukes surrounding N.Y.C.. Tom
    Same here. Went through Nike Hercules school at Fort Bliss, TX in 1968. Then Detroit metro area for 2.5 years (Union Lake Nike site and HQ Battery in Mt Clemens) then overseas for another two years.
    2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Your dealer was wrong. The state insurance commission in Florida does not allow a Florida dealer to sell BEST.
    Do you have some reference that shows that? Out of curiosity I went to the FL insurance web site. The only thing I could figure out is maybe BRP refuses to sell in FL because of the cancellation and refund requirement that all policies must make available. I also could not find BRP in the list of extended warranty providers. I did not find any reference to BRP being banned from selling in FL.
    The website isn't the easiest place to ferret out information so maybe I just didn't look in the right corner.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Same here. Went through Nike Hercules school at Fort Bliss, TX in 1968. Then Detroit metro area for 2.5 years (Union Lake Nike site and HQ Battery in Mt Clemens) then overseas for another two years.
    Fort Bliss 1972. ADA site in Orangeburg, N.Y. on top of a mountain. The missiles were behind the drive in theatre below. The citizens had no clue what was there. Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Someone asked if these warranties paid for themselves. Well... only if the need occurs, of course!

I went back through my records and found these events covered by my $869 RPM One (which still runs to mid-July this year). There are some estimates because they don't necessarily tell me what the cost would have been.

Compressor $375.68 Labor $400est - Warranty (I heard someone mention around 4 hours to replace the load-leveling compressor)

Frunk gasket (warranty) 65900 mi. $18 value (plus whatever labor )

Tow truck $50 (RPM max benefit per tow) - brake release failure
    Warranty Repair above - estimated $750 savings (the techie told me the control module alone is over $600... IDK about the labor)

I have kind of concluded I don't want to be without a warranty on such a high-tech machine with such high-priced parts. YMMV.

Right now I'm having a metallic squealing noise in the drive-line that sounds like the front sprocket area, that I'm going to have checked out soon. Who knows what that could cost, and I'm confident it would be a warranty item.

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar