Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT Shop Manual Available

The 2020 RT shop manual is available for purchase online at:

https://brpmanuals.com/canam-spyder-manual.htm

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Rob, Is that a BRP site ? Or someone that is selling the manuals? Thanks Dave
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

No, it's not the BRP site. My understanding is that it's the digital version of the BRP shop manual used by the dealers. I've purchased several different ones from them in the past and found them very helpful.

Rob

Spyder Garage

Sure would like to see this

Spyder Garage

Gives 404 error now.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Gives 404 error now.
    Go here: https://canammanuals.com/. Same outfit I think, just different site name.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Go here: https://canammanuals.com/. Same outfit I think, just different site name.
    This is where I got mine. The only distracting thing is their name overlaid on a lot of pages.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    This is where I got mine. The only distracting thing is their name overlaid on a lot of pages.
    Small price to pay compared to something like $300 for a genuine printed copy ordered through a dealer. I haven't found any vehicle manufacturer who sells bona fide copies in electronic form. Helms used to but no longer. Too many pirating issues I'm guessing. I had a CD for my 2005 Goldwing but when I checked their site a few months ago there were no electronic copies available.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think these 'digital' manuals are actually scanned pdfs of the printed version.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Reading a good number of the FAQs it appears to me the activity is a third party dude not related to BRP.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Reading a good number of the FAQs it appears to me the activity is a third party dude not related to BRP.
    He operates under a variety of URLs. http://www.green-manuals.com/motorcycles/can-am.htm (no longer updated), https://repairitmanuals.com/, https://repairmanualspro.com/, https://canammanuals.com/can-am-spyder-manual.htm, and the following that are dead URLs: Bestmanuals.com, greenmanuals.com, and brpmanuals.com.

I don't think they are scans, but are in fact copies of the original PDF used to print the paper version. My suspicion is either the Chinese printer of the paper version drops a PDF to whoever is distributing the manuals, or is itself the entity behind the downloadable PDFs. It requires a lot smarter and experienced Internet searcher than I am to trace the URLs above to whoever really owns and operates them. You will also notice there is no phone number or physical address available for the owner of those sites. The Best Manuals site is the only one with an email address and the only one to offer a CD but I don't know if that part actually works any more. The site may be an orphan site. For the other sites the only contact info is a contact page on the web sites. So whoever is providing the manuals is managing to stay well hidden. But for an eversion of the manuals they are our only choice. I'm guessing the operation is either situated in a country that BRP can't reach, or the cost of hunting them down isn't worth it to them.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I get the impression from this and other posts on Shop Manuals that the content is worth the expense, what say you - appreciate the opinion of anyone who has dropped the $? I've been a Helm guy for many years for my four-wheel vehicles, but that day is gone...
    2018 RT Limited , OXFORD BLUE METALLIC Dark Edition

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doncanfix2 View Post
    I get the impression from this and other posts on Shop Manuals that the content is worth the expense, what say you - appreciate the opinion of anyone who has dropped the $? I've been a Helm guy for many years for my four-wheel vehicles, but that day is gone...
    I've bought Helm manuals in the past for my Nissans and the CD version for my Goldwing. Unfortunately Helm does not publish the BRP manuals so our only choice without paying something like $200 to a dealer for the hard copy is to buy from the guy I discuss above. Plus Helm no longer offers manuals on CDs. Too much illegal copying is my guess. For about $25 the download PDF from the sites above is well worth it. The Spyder is a heluva lot more complicated than a 1965 Chevy, or even the 2005 Goldwing I had.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-21-2022 at 03:05 PM. Reason: corrected price

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doncanfix2 View Post
    Don, the online workshop manual for my ‘16F3-L well and truly paid for itself (many times over). I had an issue with a limp mode due to a throttle controller issue. A Spyder dealer wanted to keep the bike for a couple of weeks to pull it apart to “find the problem”. I can only imagine the cost, as well as the inconvenience.
    I pulled out the manual when I got home (I was on a 4 day trip), found the error code and recommended fix, backprobed the relevant throttle connectors and discovered a loose earth wire. It was literally 30 minutes from opening the manual to effecting a fix, in the comfort of my own garage.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I agree with the others, if you own one you need one. Well worth the money.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue