Thread: Just curious?

Spyder Garage

Default Just curious?

Whats the difference in the F3 Limited vs. the RT limited.
    I know the F3 line up is larger (F3, F3S, F3S special, F3T, and F3 limited)
    RT and RT Limited

Thanks
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

This may not be the definitive explanation but in basic terms, and in my opinion only, the F3 Limited would be considered "Sport Touring" while the RTL would be considered "Classic Touring." No doubt you'll receive many more definitions - from both camps. And that's not a bad thing at all.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Size: F3L is narrower and shorter.

Styling: F3L is a little more "streamlined" looking.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Everyone, this will be typed with no offense meant to anyone.

But this is how I look at it. The F3 series is much sportier and looks it too.

The RT's seem more minivan like and seems to work with a somewhat older crowd better. While the F3 series is for people who want a nice, fast and sportier look.

Spyder Garage

I think a decent 2 wheeled comparison that most people will get is I would say the F3L is like the Harley Ultra Classic - feet forward with all the creature comforts - but cruising...The RTL is more like the Goldwing - still all the creature comforts - but much different seating position - taller, feet down riding position, etc. Storage is mostly similar - though RTL may have a bit more.

The big thing for me is the seating position, seat height, and feet position - makes a major difference. And like the Harley, you see more engine/etc. with the F3L and like the Wing, more is covered with the RTL.

That's my 2 cents.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Systems wise; both are very similar. Seating position and looks are the differentiators. “For me” the F3 is more muscular/serious looking while the pre 2020 RT has a strange cartoonish look to it. The 2020 RTs seem to return to that more muscular/serious look of the First Gen RS/GS models- love the looks of those as well. As you can see - purely subjective...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I test rode a 2019 F3-T last weekend. /drool/ I asked the dealer the same basic question. He said the F3 was a "cruiser" and the RT was a "tourer". He said this was straight from Can Am. Whether that's true or not, beats me but it makes sense. (If I can sell my '14 Kawasaki Nomad, I'm buying the '19 F3-T.)

Spyder Garage

Straight from BRP's online configurator

F3/S = SPORT CRUISING
    F3/T = CRUISER TOURING

And the RT might be the LUXURY TOURING.

Still to me F3/T and RT seem to compete on the same market segment, and wouldn't be surprise if BRP would let down the Limited package on the F3/T or even the F3/T model.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Thanks to everyone that's replied, greatly appreciated.

Another question, is a top of the line F3 Limited just as luxurious as an RT Limited?

Seems like the RT limited sets the benchmark for "ultimate spyder" as per BRP.

Thanks again
    Arcamguy
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamguy View Post
    Thanks to everyone that's replied, greatly appreciated.

Another question, is a top of the line F3 Limited just as luxurious as an RT Limited?

Seems like the RT limited sets the benchmark for "ultimate spyder" as per BRP.

Thanks again
    Arcamguy
    Is the F3L just as luxurious as the RTL? No. Not in my opinion. They are made to be different. For about $3K difference in price...that should be a bit of a clue. HOWEVER...I like my F3L a LOT.

Agree that the RTL is the "benchmark" Spyder. It is the "Goldwing...luxury couch" ride. The F3 is a bit more "sporty" although I find the ride to be as plush as my 2014 RT-S. Sorry...don't have an RTL.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-15-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red