Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tideman View Post
    36,000 on my LTD 2015 rear airbag will not hold air. Is it the airbag or connections. I filled it with air
    made adjustment.......not working. Cost to fix apx? Will green slim work or ad to the repair cost.
    I like the manual adjustment.
    White collar worker who only knows if it’s working or broke��
    If you've thoroughly checked your system with soapy water and a spray bottle and found no bubbles what so ever, try soaking the outside of the bladder that sits inside the rear shock spring. If you get bubbles at or around the bottom of the bag, then you can try the green slime. A small amount slime added directly into the bag may solve your problem. However, do not put slime anywhere else in your system, only in the bag. If you put slime anywhere else in the system then yes, it will be an expensive repair. Good luck, hope it's a cheap fix for your problem.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
    What kind of Elka? In the midst of repairing my air ride system,fried compressor and all. Replaced all push fittings, that repaired the initial leak. What is meant by compression fittings, and how to they adapt to the fittings such as the 90 deg elbow atop the airbag? Intentions now are to do away with automatic system and find an air pressure we can live with two up. Really want to avoid dismantling half of my roadster to repair.
    Oh, 2011 RTS with about 63K miles. Yes, I tend to ramble.
    Patrick
    Take the hose out of the air bag fitting, if you used the same style you just push in on the end of the collar on the fitting it will go in ever so slightly and pull on the air line, you may have to wiggle it a little it will come out! Then do the same to the Schrader valve, then put a piece of air line between the two, put about65-75 psi in the bag and test for leaks if it's tight put mother on the bike and see how you like it!!! Have a good ride!! Good Luck!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl