Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally - 2020

Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally - 2020
    July 12 - 17, 2020
    Deadwood, SD

Anyone have experience or plan to attend?
    I was granted a kitchen pass for a long solo ride so I’m looking for a destination.
    Its never too early to plan.
    Ryding from Reno, Nevada area.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I have been to 2 of these rallies( 4 and 5) and plan on going to #6. My room is already reserved and rally fee paid. I just can't get enough of riding in the Black Hills, the people are great, Dead and the mining, history, and ghost town are fun, good vender show, and there is just SO much to see. And of course Mount Rushmore. A major Black Hills rally without the crowds of Sturgis. I will be following the old stage road up from Cheyanne, Wy to Deadwood this year.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 02-11-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally D3WR 2018: 104_0041.jpgDowntown Deadwood bike show104_0047.jpgDowntown Deadwood104_0059.jpg Spearfish Canton104_0061.jpgSpearfish Canyon104_0071.jpgRally games104_0143.jpg pretty country104_0147.jpg more pretty country
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 02-11-2020 at 03:10 PM. Reason: add photos/captions

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

When I lived in MN and WI the Black Hills was one of my favorite places. We vacationed there at least once a year.

Now that we are back in the lower 48, it is under consideration for one of our summer trips.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It's a great rally to attend. There are a plethora of places to ride to and the scenery is amazing. Hope you end up going!
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

We are a group of 14, Have a big house rented for the rally

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Hi Dave,

Nova and I went to SD, stayed in Hill city and visited all those cool places around there for a week with no crowds. Had a great time!!!!
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

We went last year and had a great time.
    Been to Sturgis as well. This Rally was great as the Black Hills aren't so crowded that you can really enjoy the rides.
    The rally it self is well organizes and you'll never be in another place where there are more Spyder at one time!!!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

If you want some different routes to do in the hills I can send you some. There also is a few routes listed in the Spyder Rides and Events forum area. Think it’s titled Black Hills routes on pg 2. If you’ve never been here Iron Mountain rd and the Needles Highway are musts, along with Spearfish Canyon, Vanocker Canyon...... By the way if your coming up Hwy 85 from Newcastle Wy it happens to be named Can-Am Hwy and is rather scenic. Nice overlook over Salt Creek just north of NewCastle.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I had it scheduled but Management nixed it.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

One of my favorite parts of the Black Hills... Iron Mountain Road: 17 miles, 314 curves, 14 switchbacks, 3 pigtails and 3 tunnels (Hiway 16a)... I also like the Old Hill City Rd from Keystone to Hill City... As was stated so many cool rides to go on. Don't forget, you are also very close to Devil's Tower and Badlands National Park and Wind Cave National Park. Custer State Park is also a really nice ride... I have ridden so close to buffalo that you could smell them. Very nice place to ride. Just be ready because you can go from a beautiful sunny day to a severe thunderstorm with hail at what seems like a moments notice...
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

I've been a semi regular Sturgis Rally attender for 18 years, going to about 10 of them. We'll spend Wed/Thu pre-rally week in Deadwood and opening weekend Fri-Sun in Sturgis. This year will be my first on a Spyder. Looking forward to the new experience

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

IMG_1124.jpgIMG_1149.jpgIMG_1757.jpgIMG_1792.jpgIMG_1113.jpg

Lake Pactola, with the old town of Pactola at the bottom, Needles Highway.. Buffalo, Devils Tower, and some Bighorns at Badlands National Park.
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I've been a semi regular Sturgis Rally attender for 18 years, going to about 10 of them. We'll spend Wed/Thu pre-rally week in Deadwood and opening weekend Fri-Sun in Sturgis. This year will be my first on a Spyder. Looking forward to the new experience
    Last year we saw more 3 wheelers during Sturgis then we did during the Deadwood Rally. There will be plenty others around. It’s the 80th this year so should be a big one?
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Spent the last three years retuning to Badlands area from Virginia. All the routes listed above are some of the best rides to have a fun and relaxed day. But wife says we have to spend this July in Nova Scotia, with a stop the first week in Aug in Quebec city. Before we head south to Niagara Falls Canada, Hershey Pa and ending back home. But we will return West In 2021 hell maybe even a Alaska get away if OUR KIDS can keep our bank account stocked with cash. We will seee
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

been twice - AWESOME....
    if you don't visit LEWIE'S, you will miss out on America's Best Burgers.....
    www.lewiesburgers.com
    and don't miss out on having a beer at SALOON #10....
    best wishes, enjoy & ride safe...
    SPYD3R-MAN-DAN
    Easley, SC

Spyder Garage

Deadwood and the Black Hills has some of the best scenic riding in America!! the rally is about 2/3 Spyders and the rest are various types of 3-wheelers.. we have been there 3 of the past 4 and plan on going again this year.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    Last year we saw more 3 wheelers during Sturgis then we did during the Deadwood Rally. There will be plenty others around. It’s the 80th this year so should be a big one?
    Where's the decent Spyder dealer in Rapid City to pick up my destination t-shirt ?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

get new management. Sorry you wont be able to attend.

Spyder Garage

Lamonster Garage has been a sponsor of this event for years. It is our all time favorite event mostly because of the riding but the folks that run the event are amazing. It's worth going for sure and not near as crazy as Sturgis event.
    https://www.d3wr.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/lamonster.s...829650/?type=3

Spyder Garage

We will be making the trip to the rally again this year. This will be our 5 year, missed the 3rd year. Always enjoy the Hills & meeting riders from past years. The last 2 years we have taken a small tour with a different Forum.
    The Old Hill City Rd. is one of the best, less traveled roads out there. Every year we try new roads less traveled.
    Not sure on lodging this year. Nice chose on a house T.P. We rented a house a few years ago with the sister-in-law. Nice 3 bedroom with washer/dryer, large garage and hot tub. It was cheaper than 2 hotel rooms.

Spyder Garage

The only 2 Spyder dealers in the Hills are Rice Honda in Rapid City on the Northeast side of town just north of I90 by Cabellas and Outdoor Motorsport in Spearfish. A couple places that might be worth a stop are Black Hills Harley-Davidson and of course Main Street Sturgis. The best time to buy memorabilia is at the end of and after the Rally, when $45 shirts become $5 shirts.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frozn View Post
    We will be making the trip to the rally again this year. This will be our 5 year, missed the 3rd year. Always enjoy the Hills & meeting riders from past years. The last 2 years we have taken a small tour with a different Forum.
    The Old Hill City Rd. is one of the best, less traveled roads out there. Every year we try new roads less traveled.
    Not sure on lodging this year. Nice chose on a house T.P. We rented a house a few years ago with the sister-in-law. Nice 3 bedroom with washer/dryer, large garage and hot tub. It was cheaper than 2 hotel rooms.
    If you like Old Hill City rd, another similar on is Rockerville rd from Rockerville. You can take a very short jaunt up to Keystone or take a left then a right on Playhouse rd, where you can turn off on Iron Mountain rd and go into Keystone and Mt. Rushmore or take another left and right to connect to the Needles Hwy. I didn’t say this but going this way bypasses the toll booths for Custer State Park.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Yes we have been on part of the trail. Our favorite from last year was 85 starting at Cheyenne crossing to Newcastle, 16 to Custer. A nice leisure ride.

Spyder Garage

Any recommendations on accomodations. I looked at the rally suggestions and the first one listed was already booked up. One of the "fancier" ones wanted almost $200 per night. That's a thousand bucks for the rally. Looked at the Super 8 in Murdo (about an hour away) and they were in the $90's.

Last time I was there, we stayed in Rapid City. Don't remember the cost. I have paid up to $500 a night (Hawaii)...but those days are now in the past.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red