Spyder Garage

Default Maintenance manual

I just purchased a 2015 RT-S machine and I like to do all my own maintenance. Been working on my Goldwing for years. So the question is is there a good online maintenance manual available ?

Recommendations ?

Thanks

SCWingman

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scwingman View Post
    I just purchased a 2015 RT-S machine and I like to do all my own maintenance. Been working on my Goldwing for years. So the question is is there a good online maintenance manual available ?

Recommendations ?

Thanks

SCWingman

Just thought the following may be interest to Spyder owners

I recently went on e bay to get a Service/Workshop manual for my Spyder F3T 2018 model
    I purchased a copy on CD but could not copy it to my iPhone & iPad
    I found a seller who offered a downloadable copy and purchased it
    Within a few minutes I was able to download a copy and its now on my iPhone and iPad
    The Seller smw_2019 (110) has various models & years available for downloading also ATV’s Quads & Snowmobiles
    I can now have the Service/Workshop copy with me should I need it
    Worth checking it out for your Spyder
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F193260911448
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scwingman View Post

Recommendations ?

Thanks

SCWingman
    www.Canammanuals.com

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I couldn't find an online one, so got the CD. Honestly, I used it once, and the pics in it are the same ones as the online stuff I found for doing the same project so I could have gone without buying it. I was doing the trans filter, and found all kinds of write ups and pics online that were the same as the ones in the manual.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

https://brpmanuals.com/canam-spyder-manual.htm

These are PDF manuals you download. I have 3 from them. Good source.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Thanks for the link. I just purchased and downloaded their manual for a 2019 RTL........which I pick up on the 28th of Feb.

Spyder Garage

Are all the manuals the same but just being sold by different companies? When I go to the various sites and look at the manual for the 2019 F3s it looks as if I’m buying the same thing except from a different company.

Poasttown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poasttown View Post
    Are all the manuals the same but just being sold by different companies? When I go to the various sites and look at the manual for the 2019 F3s it looks as if I’m buying the same thing except from a different company.
    Fair question. After doing as much search and verification as I have been able into the various websites and owners, I have come to the conclusion that not only are they the same manual but in fact are the same seller. Whoever it or he is, he has done a super job of cloaking himself in Internet anonymity and operates under numerous identities! There is, or has been, an alternative style of the manual but I don't recall what it is. I didn't care for the way it was formatted for viewing so have never pursued it further. It might actually be from the same seller but under a different name and website.

All I can figure is that whoever is behind the brpmanuals.com and canammanuals.com has surreptitious access to the BRP original digital version and uses that for his sales. He also is so well hidden on the Internet that BRP, and other manufacturers, can't get to him, or going after him isn't worth the time and money to ferret him out. Plus maybe they don't want to be bothered with online digital sales of their service manuals so just let him do his thing, legal or not. I wonder why the company that prints the paper version of the manuals doesn't itself offer a digital version. Maybe piracy is too great a problem they don't want to deal with. Helms used to have CD-ROMs for Goldwings but it looks like they haven't had those for years. They also don't show any USB versions.

There are several sellers of Spyder, and other powersports, manuals on eBay. How many of them are different from the seller behind canammanuals.com I have no way of knowing. They could all be the same seller operating under different names. And they are good complete copies.

I myself don't like to buy counterfeit or pirate copies of anything, but since these apparently unofficial copies are the only thing available, and if BRP doesn't want to make a truly legit copy available, well then I'll buy what's available.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Out of curiosity I just searched for Goldwing service manuals. Honda stopped selling digital versions in 2009 because of rampant pirating. I think it is safe to assume any digital version of a powersports service manual found for sale online to the public is pirated.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

So what I’m hearing is that BRP does not sell service manuals, in any format. If you want a manual you have to purchase one from a non-BRP vendor. Correct?

Did I read somewhere that the manuals were available on this site? And if so, where are they located?

Thanks
    Poasttown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poasttown View Post
    So what I’m hearing is that BRP does not sell service manuals, in any format. If you want a manual you have to purchase one from a non-BRP vendor. Correct?

Did I read somewhere that the manuals were available on this site? And if so, where are they located?
    Some here have said you can order the printed copy from your dealer, but it's pricey. Somewhere between $100 to $200, but from what I saw on Helms website that's in line with other vehicle service manuals. I don't know who the official supplier is for the BRP manuals. I don't think they are available here, but Lamonster Garage might can get one for you. A Google search only brings up hits for download versions and discussions about the printed version.

Since BRP does not encourage DIY service work, i.e., "Have a problem? Go see your dealer," I would not be surprised if they are opposed to making shop manuals available to the public.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-22-2020 at 08:18 PM. Reason: add last comment

2014 Copper RTS