Spyder Garage

Default 2nd BEST warranty?

I am getting conflicting information from dealers and online. So I also called BRP this morning (even more confusing).

I have been told that I can get an additional 36 month BEST warranty when my current 36 month BEST is about to expire? So I asked my local dealer (absolute confusion). Online info is more confusion, so I called BRP customer service. I was told that he has never seen it and in rare cases a dealer can ask BRP to add a year to the BEST warranty if it had not been more than 5 years old (he said some original warranties were only 1 year). When I asked if I could talk to someone who had actual knowledge, he just kept repeating that he had never seen it done but that he did not have a lot of knowledge of the BEST warranty?

So has anyone got a second or more BEST warranty when their first BEST warranty was about to expire?

Spyder Garage

The most I have seen offered with best is five years. The original two years with the purchase of the the product, and up to three years with the Best.

Interesting that BRP could not give you positive information. Must have been the supervisors day off.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I e-mailed BRP-Cares. That was a waist of time. They referred me to a dealer for answers. LOL Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

To answer your question many spyder owners have purchased additional years for the BEST warranty. As ARtraveler stated the most you can get is a total of 5 years. Your original plus whatever adds to 5 years. I purchase an additional 2 years to bring mine up to a total of 5 years. You must purchase the additional years before the original warranty expires.
    You can purchase the additional warranty from any dealer. Berts Mega Mass (a spyderlover sponsor) has offered the best prices. Happy shopping!

Spyder Garage

Correctly stated above. All BRP products run the same way BEST (SxS, sea doo, skidoo, 4 wheelers and spyder) formula which is a total of 5 years. How you do it is up to you. I ordered a sled once and got 2 years total when ordered, then bought the BEST warranty for 2 more so a total of 4 years. Just as it was about to expire the second time (3.5 years after purchase) I was able to buy 1 more year to do warrenty work on a busted skid. The BEST warrenty hadn’t run out yet. You are allowed a TOTAL of 5 years. Depending on the machine some come with 1 year, other 18 months, other 2 years. But those years are subtracted from 5 years TOTAL! Been that way since I bough BRP stuff back in the 90’s.

Spyder Garage

As stated above, you can get up to a total of 5 years warranty coverage from the date the vehicle was 1st put into service (sold). But, I think things may have changed for the new 2020 models. My buddy just bought a 2020 RTL last week and got a total 7 years warranty. He said it cost him an extra $1,300.00 I'm not positive, but pretty sure it is the BEST warranty. I'll see him tomorrow and find out for sure..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

If he paid $1300 for 5 or 6 additional years depending on what they come with THATS a good deal! Usually its $600-$800 around here for 3 years on sleds, a bit more on 4 wheelers,SXS and Spyders but not much more. I’d take that deal. 7 years is a long time. That’s probably the most I’d ever keep anything before trading.

Spyder Garage

Just make sure the dealer is talking BEST as there are some options for aftermarket plans, and I believe I saw some with a slightly longer duration. I got the BEST warranty as I understand some of the aftermarket plans don't work at every dealership, but BEST is supposedly accepted everywhere. Read the fine print.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

BEST is offered by BRP and honored by all BRP dealers--regardless of which dealer purchased from.

Other warranties (aftermarket)...will have terms that may vary from BEST.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I asked my friend about his warranty today. He did not get the BEST extension. His bike came with the standard BRP 2 year warranty and he purchased an additional 5 years beyond that from the dealer. It is an aftermarket company. In order to get it he was required to purchase it at the time he bought the bike. I didn't get into other details with him because he is happy and it is non of my business. But, we did agree, that at our age, (in our 70s) having 7 years of warranty is just like having a "Lifetime Warranty"..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi