Thread: MaptunerX

Spyder Garage

Cool MaptunerX

End of 2019 I did it, got my F3S tuned with MaptunerX. In total you have 4 different options so I started with the first level which you can use with normal 95 octane petrol. Results were quite nice although unfortunately actual numbers are missing ( this is the only negative for me). Now here in Europe they have moved to E10 ( higher level of Ethanol) and the advice of the dealer was to use 98 octane petrol in order to avoid higher levels of ethanol in the spyder. Found that a good reason to adjust the tuning of my F3S ( mind you changing the tuning is completely free for each installation, no limits ). The highest level requires 104 octane petrol which I do not want since there is limited availability of the petrol. Decide for level 3 which in reality is level 2 + ATC. The Agressive Throttle Control is really making a difference in all gears. I have not been able to test topspeed since I need to go to Germany for that but the torque and throttle response are very good.
    Installing or Changing levels is a breeze, just go in the workshop and it is done. Nothing to remove, it is executed via the ecu connector.
    Price may seem high but with the Try & Buy offer you have little to loose.
    So for those who were still in doubt, perhaps my story can help you to decide.

For any Dutch readers, I had it done by MotorCompany in Nieuwerkerk a/d IJssel ( Martijn Minnee), excellent service overthere
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Spyder Garage

It always amazes me how much higher octane other countries have in their fuel. 91 is as good as it gets here in Arizona

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JoshHefnerX View Post
    It always amazes me how much higher octane other countries have in their fuel. 91 is as good as it gets here in Arizona
    No small airports in Arizona?
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Europe uses RON only measurements so the number will show higher for equivalent fuel in the US, which using PON - an average of RON and MON. eg 95 RON = ~91 PON.

As for the Maptuner, I love mine. It's tuned for 91 PON. If I'm touring and running my stock exhaust I set it to stock or Stage 1. Around town, I swap to my Two Bros exhaust and Stage 2 tune...the rear tire can't hold traction with any type of aggressive roll on in 1st or 2nd.
    2015 F3 SM6
    Windscreen, bags, backrest, cowl, BajaRon anti-sway bar
    Two Bros exhaust

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CasN View Post
    ...the advice of the dealer was to use 98 octane petrol in order to avoid higher levels of ethanol in the spyder. ...The highest level requires 104 octane petrol which...
    On my 2017 F3-S there is no advice from the Dealer to use 98 octane and higher Petrol. 95E10 is enough for alle Spyder engines.
    And the settings from Maptuner doesn't require higher octane Petrol. There is also no advice from Maptune to use 98 and higher.

maptuner.jpg

Spyder Garage

Well, i will check with MaptunerX just to be on the safe side. I got the info from the dealer that installed. Will revert if I have the answer
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Spyder Garage

I was really excited about the MaptunerX after reading this thread ................... then I checked the price on line!! Not so excited about it now. Back to my original intention to send ECU to Monster Fuel in Canada.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

I have asked the dealer to re-check with Maptuner and it was confirmed that E10 is not an issue for all available stages so apparently also 95 RON is enough for all stages.
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    I was really excited about the MaptunerX after reading this thread ................... then I checked the price on line!! Not so excited about it now. Back to my original intention to send ECU to Monster Fuel in Canada.
    Nothing against Lamonster (only have good experience with them) but if you are from Europe, you need to add international shipping costs every time you have the settings adjusted ( apart from (un) mounting the ECU from from the spyder). Already if I would make one change (which I did), costs are less.
    2020 F3S , Matte black