Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Shawn Smoak explains about moving the Master Brake Cylinder on the 2020RT to get access on the oil filter
    See info at 06.00 on this video

https://youtu.be/ncQSSPv9I60
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Best way to remove it is to take out the screws with your Torx then pull the center body pin out, insert a Phillips screwdriver in the slot which held the pin, pull the other two pins. Then while holding the panel, remove the screw driver & slide the panel forward some & lift.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Rattlebars...That's an excellent tip, using the screwdriver to hold the panel in place while removing the other 2 pins.
    The car in your avatar, a Messerschmidt, reminds me of my high school days in the early 50s. A fellow student had a Messerschmidt and four us would carry it off, usually to a landing up some stairs. I never saw him drive off, so I don't know if he rode the stairs or got 3 friends.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Replacing the service cover is a helluva lot more fiddly than re-installing the side panel.
    To install the service panel, just set it in place, insert the "dial" part in the slot and turn the "dial" to seat. Could not be easier. The two tabs need merely set in place, not inserted into anything.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    To install the service panel, just set it in place, insert the "dial" part in the slot and turn the "dial" to seat. Could not be easier. The two tabs need merely set in place, not inserted into anything.
    I was just being metaphorical - I have than down pat. I figgered if he was hesitant about the side panel, he may be having trouble with the service panel.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Ah, found it! It is in the manual:
    18DD4248-D7E4-4AAD-B8D1-F4F343817362.jpg
    Yes, remove the side panel, and yes, move the reservoir, and bungee it out of the way.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system