Threaded View

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

7) Lamonster Ultra Bright LED Fog Lights (Take 2) or Removal Of Frunk to facilitate installation

Difficulty Level - 3

Tips - If you have the LED bumpskid, disconnect the wire from the harness. Also, you can leave the bumpskid on without taking it off, but it'll add some weight to make it even MORE bulkier. If you choose to leave it on, just take off the two rearmost bolts.
    If you have the Spyclops, disconnect the wire as well. When you disconnect these wires, also cut off all zip ties !! Inside the frunk, fish out all the cables such as the USB and Battery Tender plug and place them on top of the battery. I couldn't remove the switch thingie for the frunk, so I ended up unbolting the frunk latching system which made removing the switch easier. Once you follow these tips, as well as watching numerous YouTube vids on the frunk removal procedure, you and a friend can easily lift it up and out. (Trust me, it's A LOT easier with someone to help you).

FINALLY INSTALLED THAT DAMN COVER OF THE LEFT FOG LIGHT SO THAT I CAN SLEEP BETTER AT NIGHT !!

Prior to reinstallation, tape all the wires of the frunk to the top of it to prevent it from getting pinched between the frame. Also, it helps A LOT if you use hose lube on the air intake to facilitate the reinstallation. Hose lube contains no solvents to damage the rubber and is sold in any marine shops. I also put a dab on the plastic tabs of the tupperware so that it easily slides past the grommets.

Notes: The frunk removal was easier than I thought. I was kind of dreading this procedure, but I am glad I gave it a shot and further expanded my Spyder knowledge. The more I work on it, the easier and more comfortable I get tearing my bike apart. I took my sweet old time, and I ended up spending the better part of the afternoon from start to finish, WITHOUT using any power tools. I suppose I could have used my drill, but I have this fear of cross threading.
    Last edited by Peacekeeper6; 05-01-2020 at 08:55 PM. Reason: edit
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !