Thread: chicago IMS

Spyder Garage

Default chicago IMS

Went to the show and not one single can am Spyder there. Not even a dealer and the place was packed solid. Very disappointed.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

that stinks....
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

BRP pulled out of doing shows like that quite a few years ago now. IIRC, they haven't been at any of the shows since the release of the Triple Black RT's & F3's back in 2015??!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Last year there was a local Dealer there with a few. Not this year. Someone posted on facebook that there were 10 Spyders at the Minnesota IMS show including Two 2020 RT Limited's. Should of went there instead.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, it does stink...I think the last time they represented in NYC was at least 3 or 4 years ago.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Having not been to the Chicago IMS for 10-15 years - I was surprised by many things. While it was still a decent size show and fun, it certainly wasn't what it use to be. BRP wasn't there at all. Polaris wasn't there with the Slingshots which I felt was a huge missed opportunity as well. Would have been cool to see Vanderhall there, another missed opportunity. Yamaha didn't have any of their Star Motorcycle line there. The last time I was at the show I was with Star Touring and Riding Association and helping in the Yamaha area to talk about their Star bikes. Indian was a dismal showing honestly - they did have 2 of their Challengers but not near the models I expected to see. I liked the Vendor options - and enjoyed the bikes that were there - but was definitely surprised at the lack of many I expected to see.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Yamaha discontinued all but 2 star motorcycles. Star Venture and V star 250. There going for the young crowd.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Yamaha discontinued all but 2 star motorcycles. Star Venture and V star 250. There going for the young crowd.
    Wow! I'm apparently out of the loop on my STAR info. I had no idea. Just looked things up. Seems they kept the Bolt also. And the VMax is still around. That's sad - they had a decent line-up.

When did they kill the rest?
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Guess I didn't miss much this year at the show.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Wow! I'm apparently out of the loop on my STAR info. I had no idea. Just looked things up. Seems they kept the Bolt also. And the VMax is still around. That's sad - they had a decent line-up.

When did they kill the rest?
    I think 2017. I sure like the v star 950. I may get one as a 2nd bike. The bolt and v max are for the younger crowd. That is the style they like. And of course sport bikes.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Having not been to the Chicago IMS for 10-15 years - I was surprised by many things. While it was still a decent size show and fun, it certainly wasn't what it use to be. BRP wasn't there at all. Polaris wasn't there with the Slingshots which I felt was a huge missed opportunity as well. Would have been cool to see Vanderhall there, another missed opportunity. Yamaha didn't have any of their Star Motorcycle line there. The last time I was at the show I was with Star Touring and Riding Association and helping in the Yamaha area to talk about their Star bikes. Indian was a dismal showing honestly - they did have 2 of their Challengers but not near the models I expected to see. I liked the Vendor options - and enjoyed the bikes that were there - but was definitely surprised at the lack of many I expected to see.
    You may have observed one of the impacts of a slowing motorcycle market in general.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Interesting news about Yamaha. I did not know that either. I only get Rider magazine these days.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red