Well the wife and I did it too.

Well, at least we will on Thursday when we take delivery.

I posted up some skepticism about the new bike in another thread, but those doubts were removed once I rode it. To me it is a much better riding machine. Enough of an improvement that I pulled the trigger on one. Smoother, better handling, excellent ride qualities over rough pavement, just all around better.

That's the good, now the so-so.

Yes, the rear end was misaligned just like all of the other 2020's. (I've seen 4 of them at 2 different dealers.) The dealer (Fred Cummings Motorsports in Bakersfield) was not aware of the problem either and will be contacting BRP either Monday or Tuesday for advice. However, it won't stop me from taking delivery of the bike because I feel pretty confident that it'll be fixed in time, just not right away.

Also, another misalignment issue that I haven't read about before is the rider's seat. The dealer is going to try to see what they can do about that before I take delivery on Thursday, and perhaps another issue to be raised with BRP. They had 2 fully assembled 2020 RTLs and both had these 2 misalignment issues.

For those of you looking at or buying the 2020's: look closely at the rider's seat and look at the gap between the seat and body panel on the gas filler side and the gap on the non filler side (right vs left hand sides). They were not evenly spaced and the seat would not latch without a firm push (and I mean FIRM) on the seat latching side. When pushing that firmly I noticed the plastic seat pan is actually deforming slightly to make the seat latch close. I also noticed that the hinges were not aligned properly either. This could be related to the misaligned subframe or just an assembly error. I'll post up what comes back from the dealer.

On that note. I posted in another thread that the dealer assembly is easy peasy and quick. Well, apparently that was incorrect and is dated information. According to the dealer the new 2020's come pretty much in big pieces and the dealer assembly is quite involved. I have to wonder if BRP is only partially assembling the bikes at the factory and leaving the final assembly to the dealers to handle? $$$$ saved by BRP and passed along to their dealers?

Also, other note from the dealer is that we wanted the shorter reach bars, which is shown on the public website. However, the dealer parts and accessory computer system has not been updated and shows nothing available for the 2020's yet. Yet another dealer call to BRP.

BUT, I'm not going to end this post on a downer, or seemingly negative note. To me, the 2020 is just about a home run for BRP. To my way of thinking, a few minor niggles keep it from being a homerun and making it a solid triple. Get it? Triple. HAHAHA