Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Blue RTL Dark for Me

Went for a test ride today with the CFO. Seminole Powersports in Deland FL. had the demo trailer there. What an awesome group of people to deal with. Some dickering back and forth. Both sides came out happy. What a difference from one dealer to another. Pick it up Wednesday. They were well stocked with the new bikes. Blue and white. They sold all their assembled RTL's, putting mine together Monday. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Great color!

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new Spyder! I’m waiting on the red, may be a few more weeks yet though before we bring the baby home.

Spyder Garage

One of my riding buddies picked up his 2020 Blue RTL today. I am impressed. It is gorgeous. Congrats on yours..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    One of my riding buddies picked up his 2020 Blue RTL today. I am impressed. It is gorgeous. Congrats on yours..... Jim
    Amazing how it changes color to teal in the sun light. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the New 2020 RTL Spyder!! Maybe one morning I can meet you some where for coffee you can show me the new Ride.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Let us know if the rear module fit problem has been fixed.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Let us know if the rear module fit problem has been fixed.
    All of the bikes he had, as well as all of the demo's have not been corrected. They didn't know until I said something. The factory rep that's there didn't know it as well. Or so he said. Tom

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new 2020! I went to my dealer yesterday just to test ride with zero intention of purchasing and ended up buying it. It’s the asphalt grey and it changes color tones in the sunlight too. I pick it up on Thursday, and one thing I noticed and the dealer is checking with BRP, is the seat is clunky to close and doesn’t line up properly with the plastic (big space) when closed. Regardless, the ride is amazing and there’s so much to enjoy in the redesign! Enjoy your new ryde.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just watched the latest Smoake's Vid, on the 2020 RTL, BRP is aware of the space problem where fiberglass is incorrectly molded and held by a zip tie, BRP is doing a fix with a new part; he says the 2020 RTL has no belt dampener/tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting. We will be looking forward to hearing about that first 1000 miles.

The way the 2020's are selling, regardless of a few glitches, it will behoove BRP to get the fixes done in a timely manner. I would say the ball is in BRP's court.

A real chance for BRP to get some better publicity.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    All of the bikes he had, as well as all of the demo's have not been corrected. They didn't know until I said something. The factory rep that's there didn't know it as well. Or so he said. Tom
    It sounds like they at least listened to you. I stopped at my local dealer yesterday and saw a couple being assembled. I didn't think to tell the tech to watch for the gap. I went back a few minutes later and mentioned to the service desk guy, and briefly to the owner, that there was a fit problem and to be on the watch for it. "BRP will give us instructions if there are assembly issues. They'll send us a notice if it's an issue and what VINs are affected." They weren't the least bit interested in hearing about something I might know that they don't know. I got the distinct impression that they put the bikes together per the factory assembly instruction sheet and it's up to BRP to tell them if anything is different. I was not impressed with being blown off. I've heard other ryders say the dealership service has gone downhill during the past year over there. I'm in no position to dispute that assertion.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    Congrats on the new 2020! I went to my dealer yesterday just to test ride with zero intention of purchasing and ended up buying it. It’s the asphalt grey and it changes color tones in the sunlight too. I pick it up on Thursday, and one thing I noticed and the dealer is checking with BRP, is the seat is clunky to close and doesn’t line up properly with the plastic (big space) when closed. Regardless, the ride is amazing and there’s so much to enjoy in the redesign! Enjoy your new ryde.

Big improvements over the other bikes. Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations as I just got my 2020 RTL in Asphalt Grey. I purchased through Sierra Cycles which is another outstanding dealer in Southern AZ. My third Spyder through them. For me they are the best dealer I've ever worked with ANYWHERE. For everyone, they have the best pricing on extended warranties, even if you are not local. Call Steve Crump at 520 459 2589, and tell him I sent you. I think you'll be pleased.
    Have fun!

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.