Spyder Garage

Default C-130 Coulson Firefighter Crashes in Austrailia

Three American firefighters have died after a C-130 water tanker aircraft crashed while battling a blaze in southern NSW on Thursday.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/n...IEpbzPzFsombX0

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This happened two weeks ago. Has it been on the news here at all? I haven't seen anything about it. I fear we are getting desensitized to Australia's battle.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    This happened two weeks ago. Has it been on the news here at all? I haven't seen anything about it. I fear we are getting desensitized to Australia's battle.
    Don't know...... I was air crew on C-130s long ago in another life. I still keep up with what is going on with them. Got my info from a link that was on a C-130 Military Forum. I have not seen anything on the news about it.

Spyder Garage

Best I can remember it made the news when it happened. 3 Americans were the flight crew, and I believe the description mentioned an accelerated stall. The model of airplane was grounded until investigation made sure this wasn't a common issue, haven't heard of the outcome. That's the best I can remember. God be with those families.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

On the 23rd of Jan, just after dropping a load of fire retardent, while banking out of the drop run, the 130 was filmed by ground firefighters up to the moment of impact. Very dense heavy ground smoke obscured the moments before impact but the planes disintegration was captured as it cleared low out of the smoke, there are Aussie news videos of the incident.
    Prayers for the families and crew.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Big salute to those souls lost, so sad.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I saw it on national news. I usually watch ABC. It was in their express portion of the news and did not get a lot of mention.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Would have been around the time that a meer "Famous" American athlete (I despise the mention of his name) was killed in a helicopter crash, along with 8 others that got very little mention. Athletes and celebrities get all the press here in USS nowadays. Heroes get nothing.....our American media has hit an all time low in morals and standards.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mazo, how true how true....