Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Price as I was able to pay cash.

Spyder Garage

I missed to add one quite mayor thing in my first post, the simplicity and access seems really good on the Ryker.
    Access to the engine oil filter, battery, fuse box, CVT and engine air intake filter etc is as good as it gets! For someone who wants to do their own maintenance, repair and customization the Ryker seems very easy to work on

Spyder Garage

I use to own a Buell Blast and a Kawasaki Vulcan. I have to say I enjoy my can am Ryker Rally. It sits close to the ground making me feel in control of my bike especially around curves. The Spyder sits too high off the ground for me. Also seems like it spreads my thigh too far out. I enjoy my Ryker. No shifting any gears. Just enjoying the 💨 therapy.

Spyder Garage

I started with a 2008GS, riding position for me was painful crouched put too much weight on my hands, so traded up to a 2015 STS, better riding position. After 10k miles decided I really wanted an RT. so next step up to a 2017 RTS. More miles and smiles touring. Then decided to get off the roads and traded the RT for a SxS MAVERICK 1000R Sport. Haven't found anyone texting on their phone in the sand or woods trying to run me down, yet! then COVID 19 closed all the riding areas. Couldn't call it quits for trike riding and bought a 2020 RYKER 900 ACE in February.
    Why a RYKER? Price is a big consideration! I feel it handles better in the curves than the RT due lower center of gravity, also I find less sensitivity to crosswinds than on the RT. Simpler to ride, though I still keep trying to push the shifter paddles. My wife likes to ride it so may need another one. It goes like a "scalded cat", and I love the howl of the engine.
    Is the RYKER "better" than the other SPYDER models, no! Each fills different rider needs! A more affordable price can attract more riders to the wacky world of trikes!

Spyder Garage

"scalded cat"

lol

I love it!

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For similar reasons to my preference for my Sportsters (2003 XLH 883 and 2002 1200 Sport) over a Dyna Super Glide, Road King, etc.: More sporty, less touring oriented (my day rides are generally under 500 miles).

I found rider position much more comfortable on the Ryker, especially with pegs full forward and handlebars full rear.

Not excited about CVT, especially cruising at 6K RPMs and would have preferred a manual trans, but it is lightweight (900 is 616# dry), 150 mile range (getting 34 MPG in eco mode), acceleration is brisk and instaneous.

Not as fast as my CB1100 (0-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds), but brisk.

Access for maintenance better than Spyder:
    Remove glove box for spark plug access
    Remove panels, tilt front sub frame (with fuel tank) up for CVT access.

Prefer shaft final drive over belt. Liked belts on Sportsters, but a pebble could end a ride...did not keep me off fire roads in SoCal, but still a concern.

Sport windshield comfortable at any speed. Do not ask me how I know, but 100 MPH in eco mode is 7600 RPM (CB1100 was ~5,000)

BTW, I used eco mode for break-in. It performs so well, I have not even tested normal mode or sport mode...rear breaks loose easy enough in eco mode.
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

I think I am still using eco mode and I can break the tires free easily. Not sure I even want to go into another mode. lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    I think I am still using eco mode and I can break the tires free easily. Not sure I even want to go into another mode. lol
    I use ECO mode all the time. Can't even see any reason to use any other mode, to tell you the truth. And I have the Rally also.

Spyder Garage

I use Sport mode 99.99% of the time. I like the throttle response in sport mode.

Spyder Garage

Did an 80 mile ride yesterday after upgrading plugs. (40 mpg, was 37.5 mpg....really) I was in Eco mode, as most often am. I sometimes turn it off, but I don't go to Sport Mode. I find it's easier to pull into the shed with ECO off. Not as jerky with it off.