I've owned a Spyder F3-T for about 3 years, and still don't feel totally comfortable on it after more than 15,000 miles. I've swapped seats, etc. but I still get painful cramps in my hips on occasion after 45 minutes to an hour of riding. I think that the sitting position of the F3 simply doesn't "fit" my basic body type and perhaps never will. I've sat on an RT as well, and it was even worse for me.

Last spring, I remember sitting on a stock Ryker at the local dealership, and noticed right away that my legs weren't splayed as wide as on the F3-T meaning that it was more comfy for my hips than I expected. So, here I am contemplating, during the "off" season, whether or not to trade my F3-T for a Ryker come this spring.

For those of you who switched from a Spyder to a Ryker, what was YOUR reasoning behind making the move? Was it comfort or something else? I know that a Ryker will need to be fitted with some options that come standard on an F3 (like a windshield), but that wouldn't necessarily bother me.

I'm interested in hearing of both positive and negative experiences from anyone who has made the switch.

Thanks!
Bert