Spyder Garage

Default Showing my ignorance

I have a 2016 RTL with the orange instrument cluster but I've seen pics of a blue instrument cluster. Is the blue cluster a different year or is there a way to change colors on my bike?

Spyder Garage

Is it orange all the time, or just in the dark? it should switch colors between dark and daylight. If it doesn't, someone may have "rigged" it to trick it to think it's dark.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Blue until 2012. They made them orange in 2012. On the RT model anyways.
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ignorance??? Nah! Just think of it as "Excuse my having missed the opportunity to encounter and assimilate knowledge pertinent to this particular issue!"

Look for a piece of tape that covers the light sensor somewhere on the cluster screen. It's possible the light sensor has failed, but if it has that would be the first one reported here on the forum.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

No, light sensor works. Just not fond of that orange. Would have preferred blue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanY View Post
    No, light sensor works. Just not fond of that orange. Would have preferred blue.
    Looks like SilverFox has the answer. I wasn't aware of the difference since my first Spyder was a 2013 RT with the after dark orange screen.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Looks like SilverFox has the answer. I wasn't aware of the difference since my first Spyder was a 2013 RT with the after dark orange screen.
    Well, now I'm confused. My 2017 RTS is blue during the day and orange in the dark, like Mazo EMS2 said. Changes automatically. What did BRP do, change back and forth and then finally decide to alternate?
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Well, now I'm confused. My 2017 RTS is blue during the day and orange in the dark, like Mazo EMS2 said. Changes automatically. What did BRP do, change back and forth and then finally decide to alternate?
    Good question. I took SilverFox's answer to mean the screen turned blue after dark. Here is a quote from the 2011 RT Operator's Guide.

The display will use a light color when
    the ambient light is bright and will automatically
    change to a darker color
    when the ambient light is dusky.
    It doesn't say what the darker color is. According to SF it must have been blue.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Isn't there a setting in the menu?
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    Isn't there a setting in the menu?
    No. Just checked.

2014 Copper RTS