Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

point is your are always bashing can am

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    The young lady at the service counter told me that while BRP rejected the warranty claim she would work with the dealers management to see if there was a resolution. I'll let you know how this goes. Seriously though, BRP released the 2020 RTL before the parts were even correctly fit. Ty-Raps holding the body panels together?! Come on. That is pure Mickey Mouse quality control.
    I don't know how spyders are shipped with their batteries. Separately, installed but not hooked up or if the dealer supplies the battery. If BRP stuck the dealer with a defective battery and the parts lady is going to bat for you, maybe you can offer to split the dealer's cost of a new battery with the dealer. Some dealers will go the extra mile to keep customers happy, and when they do i try to meet them half way. It makes for better relations all the way around. Good luck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

fat, you're talking to me? You must have me confused with someone else....I talk the RTL up every chance i get, I want one and I'll get one, I'm just doing my due diligence. You sir need to read more SpyderLovers threads on th 2020 RTLand get your 'point is' under control.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    point is your are always bashing can am
    I think Mr. Fatboy was addressing me. I will readily admit that I'm not a fanboy of the Spyder, but in my situation it is still the best choice (for me). I did all my research, and approached the purchase with trepidation based on all the known issues I'd read about on here and elsewhere. I used the logic that the internet is kind of like the doctors office, most people you meet there have a problem, and don't go there to just hang around. So I purchased the 2018 RTL new, with reservations. It has been in service for a little over 10 months, and in those 10 months I've experienced Kenda tires that wouldn't balance, a parking brake failure (left switch pack replacement-known issue), then a parking brake failure and a water pump failure together (parking brake motor and bad water pump replacements, both are known), and now the battery. I spent almost as much for this Spyder as some folks spend on a car. I'm not bashing, just pointing out my particular trip to gain the reliability so I can tour long distance on this particular machine. I was gaining confidence, but the battery was a setback.

I have gained more respect for my dealer, the young lady in service at least trying to go to bat for me is a big thing with me. Not so much BRP. To not warranty a battery that is still clearly in the new warranty period is unacceptable, and reason to seriously question doing business with this company.

As I said, I speak only for myself. If you don't want to listen, use the ignore button. That's what it's there for. I have my opinion, and stand by it.

I've already replaced the battery with a new AGM direct fit replacement from DEKA. I've read a few failures concerning the Yuasa batteries. The one I pulled out wasn't an AGM. I usually have very good service from the AGM type batteries I've used.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OK Rider, thanks. Hey, I'm reading it all and I appreciate all the comments, the good, the not so good, and whatever in the middle. I couldn't figure out what Fat was doing, or do I much care.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    OK Rider, thanks. Hey, I'm reading it all and I appreciate all the comments, the good, the not so good, and whatever in the middle. I couldn't figure out what Fat was doing, or do I much care.
    Yeah, I know. As to the 2020, the floorboards, brake ergonomics, and seating position absolutely are the way to go. I would however, wait until they get the bugs ironed out. The Rotax power train seems to be bulletproof, and all the other mods that made by "blending" the RTL and the F3 seems like a really nice machine. One thing I noticed was the colors. To my minds eye with all the black plastic, it makes the colors seem darker than they actually are. I'm waiting to see what the next iteration will bring, hopefully some eye-popping colors to offset the black plastic.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chalk/black really looks good to me, wife likes it as well, says the pillion is way better than 2019, but I'm hanging back see what happens on the pricing.

Spyder Garage

......... The one I pulled out wasn't an AGM. I usually have very good service from the AGM type batteries I've used.
    Surprised about the bold bit, are you sure of that??

I'm pretty sure that the OE Spec Battery should've been a Yuasa AGM battery! I wonder how your Spyder would've been fitted with something else?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Peter you seem to very content with your 2013 twin RTL, guess it is serving you well, or maybe you know enough about the machine to keep it purring right along.

Spyder Garage

Update on the battery failure. Even though it's only been in service 10 months, BRP isn't going to warranty the battery because it's a wear and tear item. This is a dick move by a crappy company. I'm beginning to regret my move to Can Am.
    If you had read your warranty, the battery is warranted for six months. See page 161 of the RT owners manual.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Surprised about the bold bit, are you sure of that??

I'm pretty sure that the OE Spec Battery should've been a Yuasa AGM battery! I wonder how your Spyder would've been fitted with something else?!
    It may have actually been an AGM, but I couldn't verify that. It's listed only as a sealed lead acid, which could include the AGM variety.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IgoFar2 View Post
    If you had read your warranty, the battery is warranted for six months. See page 161 of the RT owners manual.
    You sir, are 100% correct. Shows what happens when you assume and fail to RTFM! End up looking like a moron! Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it completely!
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

I will say the Deka AGM replacement has a 1 year warranty. May be time to quit Yuasa brand. The Deka is also made in Pennsylvania.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Peter you seem to very content with your 2013 twin RTL, guess it is serving you well, or maybe you know enough about the machine to keep it purring right along.
    Could possibly be a bit of both (altho I've really had very few issues at all) plus the fact that the few (discreet ) mods that I've made/installed make it really work very well for me'n the Missus

But I also think that up until the release of the 2020 RT's, there just hasn't been enough of an improvement/change to get me all that interested in changing. However, I am quite intrigued by what I've seen/heard about the 2020's so far, altho the digital dash & its integration issues is a real turn-off & potentially a show stopper for me atm. I really like the relative simplicity of the analogue gauges & fairly straight forward operation for everything I currently have, and besides, there ain't no way in He.... errrm, anyplace that a 'phone based 'street guide' GPS can provide anywhere even near the functionality & capability of a 'proper' stand alone fully functional GPS, at least not in this country - and I use my GPS a LOT!! So if we went with a 2020 upgrade, I'd immediately be faced by either a significantly degraded GPS capability AND the crappy annoying 'integrated dash functionality'; or I'd hafta work out how to install & mount a 'proper' stand alone GPS unit! And from what I've heard around the boards & traps, I think that by running with ONLY the integrated digital dash, BRP has REALLY turned away a fair few potential customers.

Buuut, all that said, I've never been a 'first edition buyer' when it comes to automotive machinery, I rather like to try & let all the early adopting 'unpaid beta testers' identify & maybe sort out all the bugs/undocumented features, so that once they've done their job & the new improved version hits the streets, there is a chance that I might become a little more interested & maybe even overcome some of my innate aversion to unnecessary technology upgrades just for technologies sake!? Might that is, and it's a biiig Might!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Excellent response, I would have a problem with all that advanced technology stuff, I know that, and I know I'd be strapping an external GPS, or smart phone ram mount on that 2020, I'd have to do that or I'd get lost in some parking lot. :> Maybe I could learn the tech stuff if I had enough show and tell, but I wouldn't want it to be a distraction from my enjoyment of the ride, or safety. I'll figure it all out at some point, I don't want to get impulsive and rush my decision, meanwhile I read.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife has an 18 rt she put 15000 mile on it first year Yes she had left control changed No problem with tire changed rear at 14000 Side note saw 2020 this week very nice love the changes much more comfortable Wont be giving up the harleys or the f3 anytime soon for one though