Spyder Garage

Default Opinions on Ultimate Seats for the F3-T?

I am looking at this:

https://ultimateseats.ca/can-am-spyd...product_id=978

I would get the seat with the backrest.

So anyone have any opinions on how good they are compared to the stock seats?
    Are they worth 1K?

Or are Corbin seats better?

Spyder Garage

Just my .02, I can not speak for the F3 as I have and RT. However when I was testing seats I found the Ultimate seat splayed my legs out further than what was comfortable. Yest it was comfortable beside that. I test and decided on a Russel Day Long seat, you have have to send in your seat and they make it to fit you. Mine is currently there for production, they should be starting on Feb 6, with an expected return of two weeks. One thing for sure is I would take lots of advice and try to test a few before making the decision it is a lot of cash for a mistake if you do not like it.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

I have the Ultimate on my F3L. It's a great seat, very comfortable. No complaints from the wife either. Yours will be fancier, so the price is higher for you. Just stay away from the Corbin. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Another card on the pile. I bought the BRP Cannonball seat for my new F3L. I made it a whole 500 miles on the OEM. A much improved ride over the OEM for under $600.

RE: Corbin seats. You either love them or hate them. They are very hard...those that like them, will call them supportive. They do not break in. I have over 40K Corbin seat miles and found them just fine. Currently Cannonball and BRP Comfort on my two Spyders.

There are also a lot that swear by the Ultimate seats. I would test sit if possible.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have had Russell seats now have an Ultimate tall boy seat. Both my wife and I have Ultimate tall boy seats. We have both had Russell seats and switched to the Ultimate. Each person is different and comfort is subjective. If possible try each seat.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Loved my Corbin on the Victory I had. Butt! Will never buy again due to their non existent customer service. Dealer gave up trying and never sold another Corbin. wife went to one of the guys at work. He had to make 2 brackets for the set to fit. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Love my Ultimate Seat !!
    Have it on my current F3L and also had it on my 3 past RT's.

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

During the Sturgis Rally I got an Ultimate Seat to try out. They said if I didn’t like it to bring it back and they would reinstall my old one. After a couple days of good riding I told them they wouldn’t be getting it back. Ideally you can find a similar deal in the near future where you can try one out.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Put the Ultimate on my 2017 F3-Ltd, no problems, just smiles as I ride down the road (have about 25K on this seat so far).

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage

I have close to one hundred thousand miles on my two Honda Valkyries, both with Ultimate seats. And will be getting one for my 2017 Limited.
    They do have a 14 day test ride program. Check it out! https://ultimateseats.ca/extended-test-ride-program
    Plan for a long ride.
    My Wife had an Ultimate on her Honda Shadow and has one on her ST Limited

T.P.

Spyder Garage

I had a 2014 Harley Ultra Limited with an Ultimate Tall Boy, and it was awesome! Purchased my 2019 F3 Ltd. after 8 spinal surgeries, and because the Ultimate "sits you into" the seat, the F3 gives a comfort level I never thought I could have without the counter-steering lean of a 2 wheeler. Best money you can put into your ride.

Spyder Garage

My past experience is with a 2015 RTS and I bought a Ultimate tall boy seat for it because my long legs felt cramped and the tall boy sets you back about 2 inches. I have since switched to a 2017 F3 Limited and with the adjustability of the floor boards on the F3 I find the OEM seat pretty comfortable on shorter rides and for longer rides I just put my Airhawk air cushion on and I can ride 600 miles and my butt doesn't bother me one bit. So maybe the Airhawk air cushion is something you should check out and its a whole lot less expensive than a new seat.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

So subjective! Only YOUR butt knows.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S