Spyder Garage

Angry Backseat rest for driver on a 2up can am ryker?

I have a can am Ryker rally 2 up. Riding 2 passenger up. I would also like a backrest for my back. Have not seen any products out there on the market. Please help!

Spyder Garage

watching this I need backrest as well

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything that will work with the passenger seat mounted. Only with the max mount without the passenger seat
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

I want one as well.
    I had heard late last year that Slingmods was working on one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    I want one as well.
    I had heard late last year that Slingmods was working on one.
    Slingmods have one you can pre order. I saw the picture way it looks you can't use passenger seat with it. Looks like metal supporting bar goes thru the hole where you lock the passenger seat. I saw one on FB someone bought backrest from Amazon and fabricated one to fit driver seat and still able to use passenger seat. I can't seem to find it now.
    https://www.slingmods.com/canam-ryke...rome?vehicle=4

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback12 View Post
    Slingmods have one you can pre order. I saw the picture way it looks you can't use passenger seat with it. Looks like metal supporting bar goes thru the hole where you lock the passenger seat. I saw one on FB someone bought backrest from Amazon and fabricated one to fit driver seat and still able to use passenger seat. I can't seem to find it now.
    https://www.slingmods.com/canam-ryke...rome?vehicle=4
    Right, I knew about that one. But I had responded to slingmods, at some point, to one of their youtube videos where they are introducing a new item (this was back in teh Fall of 2019) and they responded to me saying that "they are working on it" when I asked about a backrest for the 2-up version.

So, take that for what its worth I guess.

Spyder Garage

I am in the process of fabricating one using the Can Am LinQ latch. I was working on it today. I plan to make a combination driver backrest and luggage rack Only the whole thing will be removable using the LinQ latch. You can buy them OEM replacement in a box of two on ebay. It's going to take a while to put this thing together because I haven't welded in about 40 years, and then it was stick welding. I picked up a Mig welder and have to do a bit of experimenting before I can claim a decent weld.

I did see a removable driver backrest on YouTube. There is a woman ryker owner on there that has made a few videos of her installing accessories and she showed how this removable back rest works. Not sure who manufactured the backrest for the Ryker, but I am sure that if you watch her video, you can find out who after markets it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    I am in the process of fabricating one using the Can Am LinQ latch. I was working on it today. I plan to make a combination driver backrest and luggage rack Only the whole thing will be removable using the LinQ latch. You can buy them OEM replacement in a box of two on ebay. It's going to take a while to put this thing together because I haven't welded in about 40 years, and then it was stick welding. I picked up a Mig welder and have to do a bit of experimenting before I can claim a decent weld.

I did see a removable driver backrest on YouTube. There is a woman ryker owner on there that has made a few videos of her installing accessories and she showed how this removable back rest works. Not sure who manufactured the backrest for the Ryker, but I am sure that if you watch her video, you can find out who after markets it.
    Is the backrest able to be used while a passenger is sitting on at the same time? That's what I would like to get.

Spyder Garage

I think you mean Beth at Ryker Rydes? It's the official CanAm backrest, however, not usable with the 2up seat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WlnrT5VkSs&t=292s
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

Ok, so an update on my bit of fabricating of a driver backrest/luggage rack combo. You can purchase a box of two LinQ OEM locking latches so I started by attaching them to a steel plate that I then attached a backrest pad that once was attached to a sissy bar on a motorcycle. It looked real good and it was easily attached and removed using the LinQ latch. The luggage rack will be welded to the steel plate of the backrest. But, first I had to try out the driver back rest. I mounted my Ryker and took off, and literally "took off." I didn't get two driveways in our neighborhood before the surging weight of my acceleration pushing me back in my seat when I lost my back rest. Yep, the LinQ latch could not take the stress caused by the leverage of my weight on the back rest so one of the ears(?) that held he latch from below the max rack, snapped. It's made of plastic so I should have thought of that. Ok, so I have another LinQ latch. But, I do learn from my mistakes so I am going to use this one solely on my luggage rack. The back rest will be put on the rear burner for now.
    Regarding the question about being able to put the passenger seat on with the back rest mounted, NO it would not work that way. My intention was to have the luggage rack and back rest as one unit. I figured that if I had my other half in the seat behind me, then I had a sufficient and optimum back rest.
    My goal now is to piece together a luggage rack with saddle bag standoffs. Win some, lose some.

Spyder Garage

Ok, so an update on my bit of fabricating of a driver backrest/luggage rack combo. You can purchase a box of two LinQ OEM locking latches so I started by attaching them to a steel plate that I then attached a backrest pad that once was attached to a sissy bar on a motorcycle. It looked real good and it was easily attached and removed using the LinQ latch. The luggage rack will be welded to the steel plate of the backrest. But, first I had to try out the driver back rest. I mounted my Ryker and took off, and literally "took off." I didn't get two driveways in our neighborhood before the surging weight of my acceleration pushing me back in my seat when I lost my back rest. Yep, the LinQ latch could not take the stress caused by the leverage of my weight on the back rest so one of the ears(?) that held he latch from below the max rack, snapped. It's made of plastic so I should have thought of that. Ok, so I have another LinQ latch. But, I do learn from my mistakes so I am going to use this one solely on my luggage rack. The back rest will be put on the rear burner for now.
    Regarding the question about being able to put the passenger seat on with the back rest mounted, NO it would not work that way. My intention was to have the luggage rack and back rest as one unit. I figured that if I had my other half in the seat behind me, then I had a sufficient and optimum back rest.
    My goal now is to piece together a luggage rack with saddle bag standoffs. Win some, lose some.
    maybe you think about a new lower seat-cushion for the passenger, fixed on the plate- which is fixed "OVER" the maxmount, than you have no problem for the load - should be easy to fix a driver-backrest on that - works fine 10.000 miles on it !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj5xzeyHToM
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

You can actually use the OEM official rest with the 2up seat. It won’t lock like it was supposed to but it seats pretty tight there so all you have to do is drill thru the backrest and put some screws with nuts on. That’s how I have mine and it works perfect.

Spyder Garage

The original question I posed is to find a backrest with the passenger attach. Brp already makes a backrest for passenger 1 up.

Spyder Garage

I am not a Facebook user can you contact them and see what they did. That is actually what I desperately need. ��

Spyder Garage

Can you please send me a picture or video of your set up of backrest on passenger with 2 up seating please. Pretty please

Spyder Garage

Sling Mods and Lamonster.com have one.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-15-2021 at 07:46 AM. Reason: LAMonter = lamonster

Spyder Garage

This is a newer version I bought the wife last year before I replaced her entire seat.

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-ryke...t-spyderextras
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

That one only works with the standard passenger seat. The comfort passenger seat is larger and doesnt allow the backrest to stay upright.