Spyder Garage

Default So 3 new kenda Kanines on my F3-T

So I had all new tires put on. First off, the new Kanine's look great and my bike rolls down the highway in a nice smooth fashion.

However, I have am issue

If I put the bike in Neutral with the engine off, and go backwards, I hear an odd sound from the rear end. Almost like a squeaky door hinge. Didn't do this before the tire was changed out.

So I guess I will bring it back to the dealership saturday and have them look at it.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    So I had all new tires put on. First off, the new Canine's look great and my bike rolls down the highway in a nice smooth fashion.

However, I have am issue

If I put the bike in Neutral with the engine off, and go backwards, I hear an odd sound from the rear end. Almost like a squeaky door hinge. Didn't do this before the tire was changed out.

So I guess I will bring it back to the dealership saturday and have them look at it.
    The squeaking issue ...when in Reverse … is actually very common , and started back in 08 ….. It has nothing to do with the tires …. Mike ……… PS that tire is actually spelled ….Kanine

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    The squeaking issue ...when in Reverse … is actually very common , and started back in 08 ….. It has nothing to do with the tires …. Mike ……… PS that tire is actually spelled ….Kanine
    So is it harmful?

Spyder Garage

So is it harmful?
    Had both 08 and 09. Both had squeeks when backing up. Over 40K miles. Neither bike blew up or self destructed. I am thinking you are okay.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Could it be the belt? Guess not, it would squeek going forward....

Spyder Garage

Are dealers now offering these new and updated Kenda's for installation?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    Are dealers now offering these new and updated Kenda's for installation?
    I had to buy mine separately and bring them in. My dealer had them on order, but haven't received them yet. My bike was the first that they put them on.

Spyder Garage

I had to buy mine separately and bring them in. My dealer had them on order, but haven't received them yet. My bike was the first that they put them on.
    What inflation pressures did they use? Just curious. I'm getting my rear Kanine put on as soon as I get a break in the weather.

Spyder Garage

I have had a light squeaking noise when rolling my RT and it was the belt. Clearances and tension were fine, turns out it was making the noise when the rubber teeth were meshing with the metal pulley. Another scenario is that the brake pads could be lightly touching the disc after the tire/wheel installation. Not an issue and may well go away.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Composite belts do NOT squeak and they do not have rubber teeth.
    The squeak did start back in 2008 that is correct and it was the rear brake pads but as the F3 series has different type of pad it does not happen very much, if you are so worried about it just get a can of anti squeak brake spray.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Composite belts do NOT squeak and they do not have rubber teeth.
    The squeak did start back in 2008 that is correct and it was the rear brake pads but as the F3 series has different type of pad it does not happen very much, if you are so worried about it just get a can of anti squeak brake spray.
    You need to come and have a conversation with my RT. I know what I heard and upon investigating I found where it was coming from. 50 years of wrenching for fun and for profit. I know how to find a noise.
    2015 RT , Black

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Belt alignment? Dressing?
    dfressing.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I took it to the dealer to look at it, and they re adjusted the belt protector. I guess it was rubbing against the tire.

All re adjusted and all is quiet again.