Spyder Garage

Default Belt Tensioner for 17 F3L

I’m ready to order a belt tensioner. Appears Lamonster has the modified BRP model and SlingMods has the SpyderExtras. Price aside, I like the idea of the bigger roller/bearings on the Lamonster setup. The idea of losing the roller and asking out belt scares me.

I would appreciate hearing everyone’s experiences good or bad. Thx.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

I installed the Lamonster roller/bearing upgrade on my 2019 F3-S. Have about 2k miles on it. Much beefier/substantial than the OEM roller. Nice upgrade..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have Lamonsters also on my 18 F3L. Over 8,000 miles on it and still works great.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Our roadster renovations 1 million mile belt tensioner failed and ruined the belt at 50,000 miles. Told doc. He owes me a belt and a refund. Replaced the belt, and with a few attempts, found the perfect tension. No belt tensioner for us!
    Of the bunch, I like Lamont’s best. Since most folks will never see 50k in 2 years, it looks to be the best of the bunch.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

still got docs on. about 15000 miles. still seems tight. have 1 replacement roller and spring laying around.
    will probably get lamont roller for the brp setup that i bought a couple of years ago.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Our roadster renovations 1 million mile belt tensioner failed and ruined the belt at 50,000 miles. Told doc. He owes me a belt and a refund. Replaced the belt, and with a few attempts, found the perfect tension. No belt tensioner for us!
    I don't think he ever guaranteed it to last one million miles. What he wrote one time was that all the tensioners installed added up to over one million miles. Don't expect to ever get the refund and replacement. He and his business seem to have totally evaporated from the internet and from his home town.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)