Spyder Garage

Spyder New Member with questions?

Thank you so much for welcoming me.

I am on here because I have several questions, but I am not sure if I will get any answers from anyone.

I have a 2014 Can-Am Spyder Limited ST. It is Cognac (same color as the state of AZ on the above map) in color.

I just recently changed the front brake pads on my Can-Am with a little help from my husband, even though I did most of the work myself and for the first time as well.

My first question is, how do I change out the rear brake pads on my Can-Am?

This is something that my husband is going to help me with doing so that way we know how to do it in the future and not have to worry about taking the Can-Am into the Motorsports Dealership where we got it from in April of 2018.

Second question, do we need to take the rear tire off of my Can-Am to replace the brake pads or what do we need to do?

Third question, Do we need special tools to do this job?

Fourth question, Where do I get the tools that I need to take the brackets off of my Can-Am that hold the hard cases on the back of the Can-Am?

The bigger bolts that are at the top, front of the brackets are triangular in the middle, with the outer edge being circular.

I know that there are other bolts or screws that need to come off as well.

This is not only to use when changing out the rear brake pads, but also when my husband needs to change out the bulbs for the brake lights.

Is there anyone on here than can help me out?

I am in dire straights here. My rear brake pads are squeaking horribly bad.

The squeak is loud enough that my husband could here it all the way up our street back on Saturday when I came home from being out for several hours earlier in the day.

I can even hear it through my helmet that I wear with ear plugs in my ears when I am coming to a stop at a stop sign or red light.

Please help if anyone on here can.

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Look for a video on U-Tube about changing the brake pads. There should be one.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Not an St but the procedure is similar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKg7mScwKbg

Also look here https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...pads-replacing

The tool to remove the bags should have come with the bike On mine it was in a plastic bag.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...n-Am-Givi-bags

Spyder Garage
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Yes bag tool should have came with bike & vendor on home page BaJa Ron has brake parts & special tool that will help. Hopefully the pads are not metal to metalbut Ron has parts for that too. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...rs-amp-Helmets
    No the rear tire does not need to come off but removing the bags may help here a copy of instructions from Ron:
    Spyder rear caliber :
    instructions from BajaRon
    "Rear pad install
    The rear caliper also serves as the parking brake the rear piston needs to be retracted as the fronts with a C-clamp.however, it is likely that it will not retract far enough to complete the install. You will see 2 holes in the top of this piston bag for inserting a tool. The rear piston must be turned CLOCKWISE to retract the parking brake system. It is best to clean the rubber piston boot before this step it may take a good deal of force to start the piston turning but should get easier once the piston begins to turn. Turn the piston until it bottoms out.”
    & a pic of the bag tool:IMG_2646.jpg the pin making T can slide might look like a L or just be not even. Additionally Squared Away also on home page in your area & quite helpful at these problems
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...Away-Alignment

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack