Spyder Garage

Question STAGE 1 for my 2008 Spyder SE5, costs, more than 25HP?

Hello,

I just wonder if someone did it and is there a big difference? Is it real that the ECU reflash is 25hp? The reliability does it change?

Sergiu
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-04-2020 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Not a 'How To:' description!

Spyder Garage

I am being held up by a temporary budget issue, but I had it done on an FZ09 Yamaha, and its added 25 HP to that bike, and applied the same power in every gear. Did you know that your ECU has a set HP level for each gear? The higher the gear, the less power, trust me, its an EPA restriction. The reflash will typically remove these and other weird restrictions. The Yamaha runs cleaner (more water in the exhaust), is stronger, gets better mileage, and its been extremely reliable for the last two years. I sold it last year, but just spoke to the new owner in California, he says its still one of the strongest bikes in his collection....

SO I EAGERLY look forward to solving my budget issues so I can get the reflash. I also have an existing Power Commnder 5 and CNC Air Intake that they are going to factor in to my tune. It is the last piece in my stage 2 ( I think that what its rated at) upgrades.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

The Can Am flash will come in 30 dollars cheaper than what I paid for the FZ09 flash.....I would pay it over again, hands down, and will have it done soon. ( paid 375 with the shipping for the flash work on my FZ09 2 years ago. The price seems to be dropping as more garages are doing them.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Can someone provide me a link to this, flash thingy? I don't know a thing about it, even though I've been a member of this site for years already and had my 2012 RS since 2013! This is the 1st time I've seen this topic come up in fact. Course I've been a little busy with my house being flooded constantly over the past 2 1/2 years and am about to go to war against my city for approving the subdivision drainage system that's pouring into my yard every darn time it comes a hard rain storm...

Anybody know a good lawyer, or how to find a good lawyer to sue a city and county in Texas? This has basically ruined my life, though I've been able to save my animals and vehicles every flood so far, my house is a complete loss and cannot be fixed even though it's not in a Flood Hazard according to FEMA (crazy, right? you wouldn't believe what they permitted this subdivision developer to do it's insanely illegal but city and county both approved the permits knowing full well it was going to flood me and some of my neighbors homes constantly). :-\

Thanks.

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    Can someone provide me a link to this, flash thingy? I don't know a thing about it, even though I've been a member of this site for years already and had my 2012 RS since 2013! This is the 1st time I've seen this topic come up in fact.
    Thanks. - Michael

I don't believe Monster or WickIt are site sponsors so technically can't provide links but google the names. WickIt Performance is the US dealer for Monster Fuel Injection that developed the tunes....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic