Thread: F3-t

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default F3-t

I've seen a few ads for the F3-T that don't mention whether it has a Radio or not …… However I believe if it has SPEAKERS, it must have the radio ….. yes or not always ….. thanks …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Yes there is a radio on the F3T and LTD, and since they have the new display digital they removed the AM bands in the radio
    Spyder RT LTD 2018 SE6 ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION( Wife)
    Spyder F3T 2016 LTD Black Special Ιdition
    French Spyder Forum
    SpyderTeam Rive-Sud MTL

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderteam/
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/SpyderTeam_ca

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by va2djd View Post
    Yes there is a radio on the F3T and LTD, and since they have the new display digital they removed the AM bands in the radio
    Thanks, I would only be interested in a pre 18 model …. imho, BRP screwed up the radio's 2018 & after …… Mike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I do know that it was an option with the F3T, but I am not sure if the speakers were already installed or not. I would think that it was wired up, but that the speaker installation was left out.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

The '16 and '17 has a radio and some speakers. Old analog speedo & tach dials and digital display also showing both..
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I do know that it was an option with the F3T, but I am not sure if the speakers were already installed or not. I would think that it was wired up, but that the speaker installation was left out.
    I THINK -if a pic of an F-3 has the speaker assembly mounted to the cowl … Then it should have a working radio - at least that's my thoughts on this ….. thanks …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Yes, all with the speakers have a radio.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

My used 2016 F3T did not have speakers or radio installed. You may notice that some F3T's from that generation will use the term audio or with audio in description if it already has stereo installed. I had my stereo installed at my dealer. I know that for 2016 the stereo was an option not a standard feature on the T's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Yes, all with the speakers have a radio.
    Thank you ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lloydw1 View Post
    My used 2016 F3T did not have speakers or radio installed. You may notice that some F3T's from that generation will use the term audio or with audio in description if it already has stereo installed. I had my stereo installed at my dealer. I know that for 2016 the stereo was an option not a standard feature on the T's.
    Thank you also ….. so when you bought yours ….NO Speakers = No Radio ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

RE: AM bands gone. I have the 2019 F3L and it came with the radio. No AM now...just the FM bands. I still have a 2014 RT-S also with a radio. That one has AM and FM. Not much difference between the two that I can determine. When we both have the same station on it gives a neat effect going down the road.

And yes...I like country (the old stuff).

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 F3-T and it has no radio. Never looked, but I assume no speakers either then.

Spyder Garage

This thread is fascinating to me. I did not realize you could get F3T without a radio. So with that as the case - what did you get over the base or S? You got a windshield and the molded side bags with matching rear clip? Anything else? Huh - very interesting.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    This thread is fascinating to me. I did not realize you could get F3T without a radio. So with that as the case - what did you get over the base or S? You got a windshield and the molded side bags with matching rear clip? Anything else? Huh - very interesting.
    Console, dash area is different that also allows for different windshield options. You get the air bag rear suspension. These are the 2 most important reasons I switched from my Daytona to an F3-T.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    I have a 2016 F3-T and it has no radio. Never looked, but I assume no speakers either then.
    If your F3-T had speakers … you would notice …. there's four of them and they are large ….. look on e-bay - the ones that have the speakers are very noticeable …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If your F3-T had speakers … you would notice …. there's four of them and they are large ….. look on e-bay - the ones that have the speakers are very noticeable …. Mike
    There is NO visual difference in the body(console) between an F3-T with a radio & speakers and one without. The speakers are behind the grills in the console and can barely be seen through the grills! 2016 is the only year the audio system was an option on the F3-T. Later years it was standard.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    There is NO visual difference in the body(console) between an F3-T with a radio & speakers and one without. The speakers are behind the grills in the console and can barely be seen through the grills! 2016 is the only year the audio system was an option on the F3-T. Later years it was standard.
    & ….. your post above seems to be contradictory to your other post listed as #0 …...……… whatever, …. I have this issue resolved now ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    & ….. your post above seems to be contradictory to your other post listed as #0 …...……… whatever, …. I have this issue resolved now ….. Mike
    If you would read the entire post, you would understand that in post #14 I was replying to Jdr00ejr about what you get with the F3-T over the base F3 or the F3-S. In post #16 I was replying to your post about the difference between an F3-T with audio and one without.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was window shopping Can Am accessories today (for my (hopefully) near future purchase. Can Am shows a radio kit that seems to include (4) speakers, some sort of electronic box (not sure if it was just an amp or an actual head unit) and wiring harness.....for about a grand! It said it was specifically for the 2016s.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

FWIW - The 2016 F3T that I bought brand new from the dealer came with no radio or speakers (and I can't say that I miss them).
    Bert