Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Easy - RIBS - for Superbowl or whenever

Plus this is the lowest cost ( excluding price of meat ) way to make …. I decided this was the Best and least expensive way to make them ….. after you decide how many ribs you are making - get a pot with a tight fitting lid ….. I usually make 4 ribs per serving …. cut some deep slits in the rack ( of ribs ) and use only a DRY rub no liquid ….. place on a sheet of alumin. foil and wrap tightly ….. put a sheet of alumin. foil IN the pot so it goes up the inside about 1/2 in ( this will catch any liquid that comes out of the package, otherwise this liquid will burn inside the pot and be a *itch to clean - unless it's stainless ) ….. put rib pkg. into the pot with the curve side up ….. put the pot on the stove on the lowest HEAT burner you have …… don't open lid to peek - you won't see anything anyhow ) …. I cook my portion for 3 hrs., if you have 3 or more packages cook about 4 hrs. ……. when it's done I carefully remove the package with smooth tongs, hold it over a small pot and cut the bottom edge of the foil, letting the juice drip into that pot. …. I like to reduce the liquid and use it on the ribs with an additional amount of store bought sauce ( of your choice ). … the dry rub does give the ribs almost enough taste tho …… I'm not cheap, but heating the oven for four ribs seems like a waste ….. PS they Ribs come out Juicy and fall off the bone tender ….. Enjoy ….. PPS I should have posted this yesterday … sorry …. Mike ….PPPS this will work well with Beef like short ribs …… enjoy some more ….

Spyder Garage

Thanks anyway,I'll put this in the file and use it some other time.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Just finished the Ribs with a twice baked potato, asparagus & it was KILLER ……….. I think I'll just do 2 1/2 hrs next time ….. Enjoy …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Mike. You've given me something different to try. I usually do my ribs just a little differently. I haven't cut slits in them but will try that. What I have been doing is to dry rub the ribs, tightly enclose them in foil and slow cook them in a shallow tin in the oven for 2&1/2 to 3 hours. Then slather them with my choice of BBQ sauce and finish them off naked on the grill over high heat. This gives me a crunchy BBQ exterior that I like with tender juicy ribs. I will adopt some of your style on my next rib dinner. Maybe tomorrow. Right now, after attending a Super Bowl gathering I feel like I never need to eat ever again..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Thanks, Mike. You've given me something different to try. I usually do my ribs just a little differently. I haven't cut slits in them but will try that. What I have been doing is to dry rub the ribs, tightly enclose them in foil and slow cook them in a shallow tin in the oven for 2&1/2 to 3 hours. Then slather them with my choice of BBQ sauce and finish them off naked on the grill over high heat. This gives me a crunchy BBQ exterior that I like with tender juicy ribs. I will adopt some of your style on my next rib dinner. Maybe tomorrow. Right now, after attending a Super Bowl gathering I feel like I never need to eat ever again..... Jim
    Well the only real difference beside that I do mine in a small pot ON rather than in - the oven, is you crisp them after they are cooked ….if I didn't have denture issues I would love to try yours ….. Mike