Spyder Garage

Default A little help on pricing please

Hello,

I am a newbie when it comes to the Spyder world so any help I can receive would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at getting a 2016 RT Limited (SE6) from my local dealer. The bike has 2826 miles. They are asking $19,995. I am thinking that I should offer somewhere in the place of $16,995. Am I way off? Should I be offering more or less? Also, one last question. Is there anything negative with the 2016 model year that I should look at a different year?

Thank you

Craig

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chanesworth View Post
    Hello,

I am a newbie when it comes to the Spyder world so any help I can receive would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at getting a 2016 RT Limited (SE6) from my local dealer. The bike has 2826 miles. They are asking $19,995. I am thinking that I should offer somewhere in the place of $16,995. Am I way off? Should I be offering more or less? Also, one last question. Is there anything negative with the 2016 model year that I should look at a different year?

Thank you

Craig
    Ive seen 2019s new for $18,500 right now. I would say the 2016 is in the $14k-$16k range. Check NADA or KBB then show your seller.

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I didn't realize you could utilize KBB for motorcycles. I thought it was only for cars

Spyder Garage

too much

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The most frequent reoccurring problems with the 2014 and newer RT's seems to be air ride compressor related problems...Not everyone has them...Some have them and don't know it...(only on the RTS & RTL models, base RTs do not have compressors)

That being said, Don't let this deter you from the safest and most comfortable ride on 3 wheels...

I'd say their price is at least $3000.00 high...

There's a pair of 2015 for sale here on the forum with lots of options for 12500.00 each

ENJOY

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Buying a used Spyder

You are in luck ….. go IMMEDIATELY to the for sale section …. there is a Very low mileage 2015 RT-s ( with extra's ) that is selling for >>>>>>> $ 12,000 ……. yes $ 12,000. Being sold by one of our members …. No it's not an LTD, but it has 80 % of what the LTD has for options …… Good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Stopped by local dealer to see if they had assembled any of the new 2020 RTL's that came in last week. Nope. BUT, they had a new 2019 RTL on display, with discount and rebate it was $20,995, based on that i think your dealer is hoping a sucker will walk in.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Definitely going to stay away from this deal. I think that he has had it in his dealership for a while. I understand why now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chanesworth View Post
    Definitely going to stay away from this deal. I think that he has had it in his dealership for a while. I understand why now.
    Thanks with checking here first. According to KBB, the average listing price is $16,800 and the average trade in offered is $12,800. Typical dealers will "fluff" it up to where you see it. They would like to make $4K to $5K on every deal they can.

On this one, I would have started at about $14,800. And there are other factors that will affect your "out the door" price. Trade in, accessories, extra warranties, and install on the accessories. Beware of freight and set up charges. Most of us never pay either. They are a part of the MSRP price. You should also NOT consider any markup up for accessories installed on a "used" machine. They are worth 25% to zero...in most cases.

As mentioned above, there are some blazing good deals being offered on used RT's on the site. Many are selling off the used so they can buy a new 2020. Many are priced right (see above). The site is knowledgeable on pricing and value. Those with good pricing sell quick. Those asking way to much...the ads usually 500 - 1000 looks and no bites.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    You are in luck ….. go IMMEDIATELY to the for sale section …. there is a Very low mileage 2015 RT-s ( with extra's ) that is selling for >>>>>>> $ 12,000 ……. yes $ 12,000. Being sold by one of our members …. No it's not an LTD, but it has 80 % of what the LTD has for options …… Good luck …. Mike
    Thanks for the heads up. I just sent the member a PM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Thanks with checking here first. According to KBB, the average listing price is $16,800 and the average trade in offered is $12,800. Typical dealers will "fluff" it up to where you see it. They would like to make $4K to $5K on every deal they can.

On this one, I would have started at about $14,800. And there are other factors that will affect your "out the door" price. Trade in, accessories, extra warranties, and install on the accessories. Beware of freight and set up charges. Most of us never pay either. They are a part of the MSRP price. You should also NOT consider any markup up for accessories installed on a "used" machine. They are worth 25% to zero...in most cases.

As mentioned above, there are some blazing good deals being offered on used RT's on the site. Many are selling off the used so they can buy a new 2020. Many are priced right (see above). The site is knowledgeable on pricing and value. Those with good pricing sell quick. Those asking way to much...the ads usually 500 - 1000 looks and no bites.
    Thanks. I am definitely going to see if I can work a deal with one of the forum members