Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I just got my 2020 back from the dealer after they fixed a lighting problem. I talked to the Service Manager about the "alignment" issue. He called BRP and made an official claim for my bike. They told him they were aware of the issue and had already contacted the fabricator to fix the issue. They told him as soon as the "fix was available I would be contacted for the repair. They also told him to leave the cable tie in place until then.
    Anyone planning on adding the auxiliary light do not pay to get it installed. you take 2 screws out of the exiting plastic cover and connect the plug to the light. then attach the light with the 2 screws. Done.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    I just got my 2020 back from the dealer after they fixed a lighting problem. I talked to the Service Manager about the "alignment" issue. He called BRP and made an official claim for my bike. They told him they were aware of the issue and had already contacted the fabricator to fix the issue. They told him as soon as the "fix was available I would be contacted for the repair. They also told him to leave the cable tie in place until then.
    Anyone planning on adding the auxiliary light do not pay to get it installed. you take 2 screws out of the exiting plastic cover and connect the plug to the light. then attach the light with the 2 screws. Done.
    If it's possible could you sent us a few pics on the cable ties and holes.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I bought the 2020 Spyder RT Limited, but I am waiting for the comfort heated seats and trailer hitch to come in before I get it. My dealer gave me a great price and keeps me informed on the progress. If I understand it right these two items won’t start production until March. I am also waiting for a third party vendor to build the skid plate for it before I head to MN for the summer where there are a lot of gravel roads and it appears that the Spyder meets the Class 2 off highway requirements.
    Monday I will stop by the dealer and look at the Spyder for the gap.
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

I'm still waiting for BRP to fix the zip tie situation. I got my 2020 in January of this year and now it is the middle of September and no word yet. Maybe they think we will just forget about it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mr z View Post
    I'm still waiting for BRP to fix the zip tie situation. I got my 2020 in January of this year and now it is the middle of September and no word yet. Maybe they think we will just forget about it.

Wow MR Z,
    9 months later and still no fix? What's wrong with this picture?

There is a bulletin out, Has been out for a while about this particular issue.

Your dealer where ever you purchased this from should know about this a while back.

Here's a copy of the bulletin that addresses this issue.

bulletin.jpg

It took a while to get mine fixed but my dealer came through and I am satisfied with the end results.
    I've almost got 5000 miles on it now. Couldn't be happier. Love the 2020 RTL

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...06#post1523906

I would definitely push this dealer extremely hard to get this fixed now before any more time goes by

Nexus

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Same situation for me, except I have the arm rests. How long does it take those engineers to design a fix? I love Spyder, but come on BRP, ZIP ties on a new machine?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Same situation for me, except I have the arm rests. How long does it take those engineers to design a fix? I love Spyder, but come on BRP, ZIP ties on a new machine?
    Bikerbillone,
    mine has armrests too. The fix is out there. The parts are available and as you can see by the pictures. What they had to do
    was completely disassemble everything to put the new parts in their but after they did everything it looks and fits like it should.
    It took them two weeks to fix. They had to order extra parts that was not sent with the original bulletin.
    The cost to me was zero as it should be from a manufacturer's defect.

Again, just my opinion that should've never sent these out like this. It's harder to fix it after the fact. Especially
    when there is a dealer that do not want to cooperate. My dealer told me that, they did not give them enough time
    for the warranty work to pay for what it really cost to do.

Nexus

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nexus, you and I are on same page, I have a good dealer, I think. I try to keep on the GM every month or so being careful not to irritate him 'cause the dealer is my only advocate with BRP, calling BRP is a total waste of time. Of course he points out the Wuhan Virus, and I understand that, but there will always be some reason why something is not done, or can't be done.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check out the Youtube Channel - TheSmoaksVlogs

In one of his videos he does the installation of lots of replacement parts for fixing up your rear end (screws in place of zip ties included ) for a customer.

This is not a recall - just BRP fixing up there mess.

I did check my RT last week before I signed on the dotted line and there were screws - but fit is not perfect - small gaps. The panels and that rubber passenger handles line up but they just don't want to stay together.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

One thing we all have to remember is that not all shops have the qualified help as some have, and some shops may know there limitations, so they drag there feet till you move on and find another shop! They don't want to come right out and say we don't have anyone that can do that job, it makes them look bad! Sad to say, but I think it happens a lot.
    2012 RTL , Pearl