Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default The New RT has arrived

Purchased my new 2020 today. There have been a bunch of comments made by those that have seen the new ones that there appear to be some fit and finish problems where the rear sub-assembly meets up to the back of the seat. After looking at it today and talking to my dealer it appears the base pan from which all of the rear pieces bolt to is misshapen from the factory and the bolt holes do not line up. There was a corporate meeting yesterday where this problem was discussed because many dealers are calling in about it. The pan itself was held on by zip ties because the bolt holes do not line up so somebody in the assembly line actually knew this was happening and let it go. The tech line seemed genuinely surprised and after hearing many phone calls from dealers are working on it as we speak. The pan itself causes the bolts not to lineup and is causing the gaps that everybody is seeing.

Aside from that I am absolutely in love with this machine. I will not be taking delivery for another month or so because even though we’ve had very little snow in Buffalo we still have salt on the roads for another 5 to 6 weeks. The way I fit on this machine is how I tried to adapt and change my original three RT’s to be. I tried different seats, handlebar positions, floorboards, etc. and I’m telling you that for somebody my size ( I am 6 foot two 275 pounds with long legs) I fit this machine and the handlebars and the foot position like it was designed for me. I am still not a fan of the revamped instrument cluster and I will be using my own GPS. Can’t wait for spring!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-02-2020 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Fixed title display...
    Back amongst the living May 2021
    2022 RT Limited Hyper Silver

Out to Pasture:
    2013 ST Limited , Black Currant
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2013 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow Metallic
    2008 GS SM5 , Millenium Yellow
    2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark
    2014 RT Limited Champagne Black
    2012 RT Limited White
    2010 Timeless Black RTS SM5