Spyder Garage

Default Bumpskid with LEDs for RT....

Which is better, the Spyderpops version or the Halo version?

Spyder Garage

I don't know the Halo version.
    The Spyderpops with the LEDs protected looks great.
    Having the LEDs protected is most important.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the Spyderpops version. From the images I see of the Halo, the Spyderpops is wider and has one color LED's. The halo has multiple colors and Knight Rider feature but their images only show the lights. I would want to see the mounting and daylight images to get a better look.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

i have the Halo version on my 2017 RTS and the wife's F3L. We chose the bright white LEDs only. I have installed the multi color on another F3T. The Halo is very strong and the LEDs will not be damaged by anything hitting the front. They also offer integrated turn signals in the Halo as well. My buddy has the multi color on his 2017 RTS. They look awesome.IMG_3258[1].jpgPhoto.jpg
    2017 RT-S , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Have the Spyderpops version on my RT. Been good for about three years now.

On the Halo, my only question would be what does law enforcement think about the colors. The red, blue, and yellow would be out, IMO?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-31-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have the Spyderpops version, and added the remote control to change the brightness of the lights, and also control the pattern of the lights - strobe, flashing, modulating, etc. During the day I set the lights to modulate (not flash, they go from brighter to dimmer without actually shutting off), and I set it to be steady on at 25% brightness at night. Federal statute says modulating motorcycle headlights are legal, but not technically auxiliary, driving or fog lights. I have checked with all the local LEO's in my area, local, county and state, and they have no problems with me running the modulating slidplate lights during the day. Link to modulating skidplate video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlVqyLoG3h4
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Have the Spyderpops version on my RT. Been good for about three years now.

On the Halo, my only question would be what does law enforcement think about the colors. The red, blue, and yellow would be out, IMO?
    The multi color Halo has a remote to turn them off or change to them to a single color or flash or random, etc.
    2017 RT-S , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

+1for VENDOR SpyderPops parts, services, shop all around just GREAT not to mention the nice ryde to his shop well worth a visit

Sorry didn't see you location still reccomend Pops service
    Last edited by Bfromla; 02-01-2020 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Location

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

In my state you do what ever on a motorcycle.

Auxiliary lighting may be added to a motorcycle to protect the driver,
    including blue dot illumination, standard bulb running lights and light emitting diode (LED) pods and strips.
    (June 29, 2006, P.L.205, No.50, eff. 60 days)
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Never understood why some people will spend hundreds with Spyderpops or Halo when $20 bucks from E-Bay will do the same job. Solid white with a switch to turn ON/OFF. Wiring is minimallight.jpg
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

SPYDERPOPS IS THE BEST

Durability

Service

Looks

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

i got the halo skid well made lights are cut into the body of the piece none are exposed or could be damaged and has turn sigs built in
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Which is better, the Spyderpops version or the Halo version?
    I have the Spyderpops version.

I'm impressed with its build quality. I also feel that Spyderpops did a lot of R&D with regards to installation, because I installed mine quite easily. All the holes lined up, and when I screwed on the bolts, NONE were difficult or became stripped. The LEDs are BRIGHT. I kinda wish I had an app on my iPhone in which I can change the color of the lights or make it perform like KIT from "Knight Rider", but all that would make it more expensive, and it's plenty expensive as it is.

But you get what you pay for, so....
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    I have the Spyderpops version.

I'm impressed with its build quality. I also feel that Spyderpops did a lot of R&D with regards to installation, because I installed mine quite easily. All the holes lined up, and when I screwed on the bolts, NONE were difficult or became stripped. The LEDs are BRIGHT. I kinda wish I had an app on my iPhone in which I can change the color of the lights or make it perform like KIT from "Knight Rider", but all that would make it more expensive, and it's plenty expensive as it is.

But you get what you pay for, so....
    I ponied up for the remote for our Spyderpops bumpskid (See my post above) that can change the brightness of the LEDs and the pattern of the lights - changeable strobe patterns, modulating, etc. Unfortunatly no color changing or KITT pattern. https://spyderpops.com/remote-control-for-led-bumpskid/ If you get the remote, I'd recommend talking to the Spyderpops folks before the order. The first one I got was like the one in the picture below, but the one for my bumpskid had different plug-and-play wireing and connections. Was no problem, Spyderpops had great customer service, and they sent out the correct unit as soon as I called, even before I sent the original one back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Hi can you tell me what to look for on ebay lights look very good!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    Never understood why some people will spend hundreds with Spyderpops or Halo when $20 bucks from E-Bay will do the same job. Solid white with a switch to turn ON/OFF. Wiring is minimallight.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    Hi can you tell me what to look for on ebay lights look very good!
    This isn't just about LEDs. This is about a SKIDPLATE w/LEDs. If it was just LEDs, buy them anywhere. You won't find a SKIDPLATE @ Walmart.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    Bigmo

You probably have never seen a Spyderpops Bumpskid or you would not tell people to buy LEDs, the Bumpskid is protection for the front and underside of your Spyder, the LEDs are for Safety and charisma.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops is a sponsor and helps pay for this website that you get for free

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

957.jpg

tricled bump, and A arm led
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

I have the halo on 2017 F3 doesn’t work less than a year. I have one from tricled works great it’s on my 2019RT.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feedback.