Spyder Garage

Default GS LED Headlight Conversion Help!

Does anyone know what H7 conversion headlights work with my 2008 GS? I got some off of amazon and got the Mercedes type clips and still cant seem to get it to work.

Please let me know what LED headlights work.

I posted this in the technical forum but I haven't gotten any responses back.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know the GS/RS Headlights can be a challenge to up grade...BRP offered a HID conversion for a lot of money (1000.00 plus)...Some have recently found the BRP HID's for around $100.00 or so...New old stock dealers are trying to unload...

I'v been dealing with "Headlight Revolution"...This outfit is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE & HELPFUL...They are a USA company dedicated to customer service...Call and talk to their representative and explain your problem with the clip style mounting system they used on the GS/RS and MAYBE they can help...Please report back on your outcome...larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    I know the GS/RS Headlights can be a challenge to up grade...BRP offered a HID conversion for a lot of money (1000.00 plus)...Some have recently found the BRP HID's for around $100.00 or so...New old stock dealers are trying to unload...

I'v been dealing with "Headlight Revolution"...This outfit is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE & HELPFUL...They are a USA company dedicated to customer service...Call and talk to their representative and explain your problem with the clip style mounting system they used on the GS/RS and MAYBE they can help...Please report back on your outcome...larryd
    Had a pair of the old HID's on my 08 GS. $1,500 installed. I remember saying something like, $750 per light....

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

What's not working ?? Is it that they won't turn on ??
    Incandescent lamps work by putting power to the filament and heating it up. The direction of the power flow is irrelevant.
    By contrast, the HID and LED lights are electronic circuits.
    Specifically, you have to connect them in the right configuration. Plus power needs to go to the plus side of the bulb circuit, and the same with the minus side.
    In other words, to quote Montgomery Scott "Captain, we need to reverse the polarity to save the ship"
    Seriously, you may need to reverse the wiring to the bulb. I believe you can do that by moving the wires in the plug to the bulb.
    I had to do that when I switched to HID lights on my 2014 RT, and later when I switched to LED bulbs.
    Remove the wires as shown in the picture and just reverse them

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Heck. I’m just having a hard time getting them installed in the bike. The brackets are hitting the back of the led housing for the units that I bought

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This issue has come in the past couple of years ….. and a solution to the " securing clip " was found …. do an advanced search to locate the Threads / posts …… good luck …. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check out JW Speaker H7 - the new type.

These bulbs are LED and are the same size as an original Halogen globe. The Driver and CanBus adapter are built into the bulb housing.

I had the same problem with my wifes car, the ones I purchased were the original style LED with a large external Driver, and when fitted I coudn't fit the rear headlight housing back on. I also would have had to modify the housing to accommodate the Driver. On top of this when I installed the original style LED, they'd remain on for 30 seconds then shut off - telling me they needed the CanBus adapter.

It was a fluke that the Auto Part Shop I bought the JW Speaker original style LED's from didn't have any CanBus adapters in stock, so I got a refund and went to another Auto Part Shop. They showed me the newer LED bulbs from JW Speaker and could not believe it took manufacturers this long to product a LED bulb that fits the same as a Halogen.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I posted a full tutorial on exactly how to do this. Done it on a few GS spyders. Look up my threads! Cheers Dave

Spyder Garage

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...e-DIY-required
    Full Tutorial how to do it on a GS