Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thx for your thought, Billy, you have me thinking now. Do you know how many amps to Frunk USB puts out? I agree, gps can eat up a phone battery. You have me rethinking my solution posted above yours.
    PS, I really like your F3.
    2019 RTL Dark , Orange

Spyder Garage

The front trunk, BRP Connect, usb cable is usb 2 standard. So only 500 milliamps. If you have the optional usb charging plug in the front trunk. It will likely be 1 amp. If you have the optional 12V outlet instead of the usb plug. You can put in a 2 amp usb charger adapter.

This is what I have done. I have install a 2 amp waterproof usb plug on the handlebars. So when I use the phone screen. Which I do almost all the time. I use that plug for a long ride, to keep the phone charged. The phone is BT paired to the Spyder dash. So it acts as my music player. Also all the telephony functions work from the handlebar controls and screen. 2018 F3L have the BRP Connect usb plug in the glove box under the windshield. I still have an extension cable in the glove box. If I want to use the BRP app screen display. That cable is still available to me. I almost never use it. Because when you use it. The phone screen is locked down and can only use the apps that BRP has approved. You will need to decide what's best for you. My point is you can do both.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED