Spyder Garage

Default Limping - finally last one

Bless us for this to be all fixed. This covers everything I hope. I had a couple of trips to the dealer in getting
    my problems fixed and it was just a little frustrating. Started with a odd noise from the bike and a limp home
    notice. I spent a week trying to resolve the problem myself. No luck there so to the dealer we went, a week
    later bike was fixed. New front pulley. Got it home and road it for about 50 miles and all was good. Budds
    had no warning notes but a couple of s/w upgrades were done. Went to wash and wax and belt was riding
    about 1/2" off of rear pulley so back to the dealer we went. A couple of weeks passed and bike was fixed.
    Bottom line and $1500.00, the front pulley replaced (badly worn), new belt ( a rock imbedded and shiny metal
    showing on the sides), all the bearings/bushings replaced and finally a brand new rear axle. Seems like one
    of the bearings was locked up and another one was well on its way to locking up. The axle had some good
    worn spots with a ring worn into the shaft. I could take the old bearings SLIDE them up and down the shaft.

I usually take a couple of good road trips a year and I am glad all happened at home. Did everything screw up
    because I had a car tire installed? I do not think so. The 2015 F3 I did hotrod it some but not so with this one.
    The F3L does seem to run a lot better and mid range pulls better. I still plan on having monster s/w injection
    done unless a 2020 RT comes into my life. My wife explained to me one more time (hobbies are expensive).
    She says to get a 2020 RTL. I would like to thank everyone for all the input/advice.

Dray.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    Bless us for this to be all fixed. This covers everything I hope. I had a couple of trips to the dealer in getting
    my problems fixed and it was just a little frustrating. Started with a odd noise from the bike and a limp home
    notice. I spent a week trying to resolve the problem myself. No luck there so to the dealer we went, a week
    later bike was fixed. New front pulley. Got it home and road it for about 50 miles and all was good. Budds
    had no warning notes but a couple of s/w upgrades were done. Went to wash and wax and belt was riding
    about 1/2" off of rear pulley so back to the dealer we went. A couple of weeks passed and bike was fixed.
    Bottom line and $1500.00, the front pulley replaced (badly worn), new belt ( a rock imbedded and shiny metal
    showing on the sides), all the bearings/bushings replaced and finally a brand new rear axle. Seems like one
    of the bearings was locked up and another one was well on its way to locking up. The axle had some good
    worn spots with a ring worn into the shaft. I could take the old bearings SLIDE them up and down the shaft.

I usually take a couple of good road trips a year and I am glad all happened at home. Did everything screw up
    because I had a car tire installed? I do not think so. The 2015 F3 I did hotrod it some but not so with this one.
    The F3L does seem to run a lot better and mid range pulls better. I still plan on having monster s/w injection
    done unless a 2020 RT comes into my life. My wife explained to me one more time (hobbies are expensive).
    She says to get a 2020 RTL. I would like to thank everyone for all the input/advice.

Dray.
    Just to put things straight there is no (shiny metal) or metal of any description in a Spyder composite manufactured belt see attached photos, and by the way this belt I cut through with a Stanley knife.

F3 belt 1.jpg F3 belt 2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Sometimes little rocks embedded in the belt will get polished and shiny while they travel through the sprockets for a few miles. Easily mistaken for "metal" in the belt. I have first-hand knowledge of this. ..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

O.K. !! I got my old belt out and a really good magnifying glass and there is no medal
    in the belt. The belt was running against the side of both pulleys and looks like some of the
    medal had worn into the belt.
    Glad it is all over.

Dray