Spyder Garage

Default New 2020 RTL Today

Today I'm proud to be purchasing the first 2020 RTL from David Levitt, owner of Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, AZ. There is no dealership like them. This is now my 3rd purchase through them. They are a family-owned, honest, customer focused, and truly friendly dealership.

I chose the Asphalt Grey Metallic, and it's terrific. I'm the old white-haired guy with David and Jacqueline Milano. I can only hope that this RTL is as fantastic and reliable as my 2015 RTL was. I had 33K problem free miles and I think it's good for so many more. Here's to 33K or more on my 2020 RTL. Jacque is relinquishing her 2015 F3S as we are spending nearly all of our Spyder time 2-up on my bike. We are really enjoying 2-up riding and seeing all of the places we've been, and will go to in the future. Join us in Tombstone March 27-29 for our Southern AZ Ryde-In.

UPDATE: Jacque kept her F3s. She had not ridden it for quite a while. She rode to meet me after a meeting today and then we were going to Sierra Cycles to complete the deal. She said that she wanted to keep the F3 as she had forgotten how much she enjoyed it. Hooray! I wasn't pushing her in the least; it was her idea to trade it in.

IMG_6204.jpg IMG_3771.jpg
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Im with you my friend, i just bought mine in the same color yesterday,,,,,,

Spyder Garage

Congratulations and Good Luck !
    I'm waiting for my Asphalt Grey to be delivered in Connecticut.
    I'm not in any kind of rush. It's about 15 °F right now.
    Did you happen to notice if the rear panel issue was fixed ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

We will be looking forward to a 1000 mile or so evaluation.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Good for you! I did my first ride today from Sierra Vista to Tucson (back home). Unreal! This was the finest Spyder ride I've ever had. The suspension is tight and the ride comfort is amazing. Did you find it to be the same?

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I found no rear panel blemish on mine at all. The assembly also seemed tight and the lines were good. The ride home was amazing; the best Spyder ride I've ever had!
    Rob

Spyder Garage

I just bought the same color combo and take delivery this Thursday. I'm pretty sure, yours, like mine and the other 2020's will have the panel gap if you look closely. It's a minor defect that I think BRP will correct, but I'd bet it's there.

Also, look closely at the seat alignment when in the closed position. See if it's misaligned like the other 2020's I've seen. The gap is larger on one side or the other. And, if you don't mind, post up the results of your inspection. I'm curious for obvious reasons.

Otherwise, I totally agree, this model is a major improvement in ride quality.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Your comments about getting the glitches fixed are right on. The way the 2020's are selling, regardless of a few glitches, it will behoove BRP to get the fixes done in a timely manner. I would say the ball is in BRP's court.

A real chance for BRP to get some better publicity.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red