Spyder Garage

Default Red 2020 RTL on the way

After more than two years of research, test rides, 3 wheel class, and on line and chat room reading and u tube reviews, we finally pulled the trigger and ordered a nice new spyder. We got the best deal I could on a new model, no trade in and a few ads like the comfort seat, adjustable bars, vented windshield etc. Imust say though, we bought a Spyder because we couldn’t help but love the two wheels up front, comfy seating, my bad knees, and that they are still so darn unique. The goldwing and Harley trike prices didn’t help either. I’m hoping reliability won’t be an issue, will just ryde and worry about what comes up as we go.

Also went to the St Louis car and motorcycle show this week, they had a couple 2020 Spyders there. The disappointing part about that show was one of the blue new Spyders on display was actually missing parts, the side storage bins missing locks and release buttons, etc. others were fine, that one looked like my wife and I assembled it, could see the plastic tab connections, a real mess.

Anyway, after reading this site and my research, I actually knew more about the new 2020 Spyders than they did. thanks to everyone for the suggestions to us earlier. New baby Spyder should be here in a few weeks.

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your first spyder!! You will love it!
    Pam

2020 F3 T

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
    Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
    Dr. Seuss

2020 F3 T - Liquid Titanium

Previously owned
    - 2015 ST L
    - 1997 Suzuki Marauder VZ 800
    2015 ST L , Denim - matte

Spyder Garage

Congratulations.
    Adjustable bars ??
    Perhaps you got a brand new left over 2019 ?
    Either way, welcome and the best of luck to you.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new ride! Don't worry about dependability with the 1330 engines and the SE6 transmissions as
    they have been proven to be almost bullet proof.
    I have logged over 80,000 miles on two of them with only one minor issue.
    So ride safe and enjoy and post pictures when you get it.

Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

The 2020 has adjustable handlebars, and can fit 3 of the F3 bars. The attitude and drag bars hit the dash in full lock. Congratulations! You will love it! Hope the weather warms up right about the time the new baby comes home!! Meanwhile, you have some gear to shop for:
    Helmets,
    Jackets,
    Gloves,
    Boots,
    Electric heated gear,
    Cleaning supplies, and on and on!
    Enjoy!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Congratulations.
    Adjustable bars ??
    Red is a 2020 color.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Breedog View Post
    After more than two years of research, test rides, 3 wheel class, and on line and chat room reading and u tube reviews, we finally pulled the trigger and ordered a nice new spyder. We got the best deal I could on a new model, no trade in and a few ads like the comfort seat, adjustable bars, vented windshield etc. Imust say though, we bought a Spyder because we couldn’t help but love the two wheels up front, comfy seating, my bad knees, and that they are still so darn unique. The goldwing and Harley trike prices didn’t help either. I’m hoping reliability won’t be an issue, will just ryde and worry about what comes up as we go.

Also went to the St Louis car and motorcycle show this week, they had a couple 2020 Spyders there. The disappointing part about that show was one of the blue new Spyders on display was actually missing parts, the side storage bins missing locks and release buttons, etc. others were fine, that one looked like my wife and I assembled it, could see the plastic tab connections, a real mess.

Anyway, after reading this site and my research, I actually knew more about the new 2020 Spyders than they did. thanks to everyone for the suggestions to us earlier. New baby Spyder should be here in a few weeks.
    The subject of QC and missing parts came up in another thread. Just make sure you do a good pre-acceptance inspection. If anything needs replacing or is missing, get it in writing. Handshakes and salesman puffing about taking care of it are not satisfactory, IMO.

And, I am sure your going to enjoy the new ride. They will get the glitches worked out.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Congratulations.
    Adjustable bars ??
    Tri axis adjustable bars, because I may need to bring the bars up or in a bit with the comfort seat and backrest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bodymanpainter View Post
    Congrats on the new ride! Don't worry about dependability with the 1330 engines and the SE6 transmissions as
    they have been proven to be almost bullet proof.
    I have logged over 80,000 miles on two of them with only one minor issue.
    So ride safe and enjoy and post pictures when you get it.

Toby
    Thanks Toby, I will post some picks after we get it, wish I had her today the sun is shining and it’s over 35 degrees....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Red is a 2020 color.
    Red, blue, charcoal, white...I think that’s it....

Spyder Garage

Tri axis adjustable bars, because I may need to bring the bars up or in a bit with the comfort seat and backrest.
    I didn't think the tri-axis bars would be needed since they changed the bars to be like the F3. On the Can Am site they only show the short or long reach as handlebar options.

There is more for me to learn about this new model ... enjoy!
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ref The Tri Axis Handlebars
    Taken from the 2020 accessory Catalouge
    BRP list this information for the RT
    TRI AXIS ADJUSTABLE HANDLEBAR
    · State-of-the-art adjustable handlebar reduces fatigue and delivers comfort for all riders thanks to unlimited adjustment possibilities.
    · Three different axes allow you to adjust the handlebar in terms of height, width and arm distance.
    · Left and right bars are linked together and rotate simultaneously during adjustment.
    · Easy Allen key adjustment system.
    · Handlebar reuses existing production handgrips, control switch,
    electrical and clutch cables, and sits directly on the stock steering column.
    Spyder RT 2019 and prior 219400344
    $669.99

They do not list any of the Handlebars for the U-Fit system for the RT only for the F3
    So it looks like you only get a standard handlebar set up
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    · State-of-the-art adjustable handlebar reduces fatigue and delivers comfort for all riders thanks to unlimited adjustment possibilities.
    · Three different axes allow you to adjust the handlebar in terms of height, width and arm distance.
    · Left and right bars are linked together and rotate simultaneously during adjustment.
    $669.99

They do not list any of the Handlebars for the U-Fit system for the RT only for the F3
    I know, I didn’t see it on line when I built mine but they offered it as an option. I double checked that when I got home, it’s on my order paperwork and discussed at the show, but will double check at the shop Monday. I was charged the 600 for the bars. So either they will offer the option, or their knowledge is just as lacking. No wonder I’ve seen so many dealer comments here. Will let you all know ASAP.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations.
    Adjustable bars ??
    Adjustable bars are an option
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

My salesman is at the car show and will verify Monday.., I’ll need the short reach bars if they are not an option and he was wrong. On the bright side, that gives me another 500 to spend on my Spyder if the tri axis isn’t an option...

Update: ran by dealer after work, they believe the tri axis bars will be an option “later” on the 2020 but said they made a mistake having it on my order. So, I will get the short reach bar that is a bit closer, that is an option on the 2020 as well as that long reach bar for tall folks. They said no red models shipped yet, but that’s ok will me as the weather is about to really turn cold here the next few weeks. Had to make sure I get a battery maintainer and not just a trickle charge minder as they originally had listed as well. Will let you all know when our new baby arrives.

Spyder Garage

While waiting for our red RTL to arrive, we went by the dealer today to ride a blue one. I think I’ll hold off on the short reach bar and break in the spyder before making a final Decisions on adds. Feels a little different than the 2019 I rode for the MSF class, lots of leg room, nice lights, glad I went dark as the chrome one really didn’t have much chrome in my view anyways. May be a couple more weeks wait for our new baby spyder, but that’s ok. Maybe the weather will be better by the time we get it in.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While waiting for our red RTL to arrive, we went by the dealer today to ride a blue one. I think I’ll hold off on the short reach bar and break in the spyder before making a final Decisions on adds. Feels a little different than the 2019 I rode for the MSF class, lots of leg room, nice lights, glad I went dark as the chrome one really didn’t have much chrome in my view anyways. May be a couple more weeks wait for our new baby spyder, but that’s ok. Maybe the weather will be better by the time we get it in.
    Changing the bars on the 2020 will be much easier and cheaper than it was to add the tri axis bars on the older models so you made a good decision to ride it for a while before deciding. I know I would get short reach bars if I was buying one, riding the demos with the stock bars is giving me shoulder pain. I am not a chrome fan but I do like the way the chrome 20 RT looks, maybe the reason I like it is because there isn’t a lot of it!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    $669.99

The fine print says they're only available on 2019 and prior years.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

New to this forum and new to Can Am. Have ordered a 2020 Red RTL. I understand from this forum that there is a hiccup in "red" production, but can't find any details that explain this.
    I will be a "one-up" rider, yet still need helmet, boots, riding apparel, inReach, communication stuff, etc. And, I have to make room in the garage somehow!!!
    Then, I want to begin planning a ride from Florida to Alaska - that's my goal for mid-year. Haven't come across good info on this subject on this forum - will continue searching …..
    Ride safely,
    BRUBET

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRUBET View Post
    New to this forum and new to Can Am. Have ordered a 2020 Red RTL. I understand from this forum that there is a hiccup in "red" production, but can't find any details that explain this.
    I will be a "one-up" rider, yet still need helmet, boots, riding apparel, inReach, communication stuff, etc. And, I have to make room in the garage somehow!!!
    Then, I want to begin planning a ride from Florida to Alaska - that's my goal for mid-year. Haven't come across good info on this subject on this forum - will continue searching …..
    Ride safely,
    BRUBET
    There is now no dealer in AK selling Spyders. You may have to consider service somewhere in the lower 48. Nearest Canadian service is Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.

Those are AK pictures in my signature.

A great place to visit. Lived there 20 years until 2019.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-29-2020 at 12:47 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

See the North to Alaska thread from 2015. I accompanied 10 Spyders on an epic journey. Big fun!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I’m waiting on a Red one, spoke to several dealers with no information? You were told two weeks? I am hearing April.
    Good luck this will be out 3rd Spyder. 2015 and 2012.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to ARtraveler and cptjam - - - I appreciate the Alaska comments - maybe my path getting there should be by way of Whitehorse - or maybe I shouldn't go after reading about gravel and drive belts! Yet, still have no info on when to expect my "on order" 2020 Red/Dark RTL. Friday I finished a two-day MSF 3-wheel basic rider course -now I'm really anxious to get my hands on an RTL, we only had Rykers for the class. Again, thanks for your feedback.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    See the North to Alaska thread from 2015. I accompanied 10 Spyders on an epic journey. Big fun!!
    Having trouble finding that, can you post a link?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-09-2020 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

There's this from SpyderAnn01:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...t=North+Alaska

And this:

And even this:

But then there was this too, about a 2018 trip (not sure if it happened tho?!? ):

Help any??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!