Spyder Garage

Default Would like to Shine!

When I had my Black 14 RTL, I used Meguiars Ultimate products and it really made the spyder SHINE.

I now have a White Pearl 18 F3L, I am using the same products, but the spyder doesn't seem so shine so brightly.

My question is to the owners of white spyders, what have you found that really makes your white spyder shine. In the last year or so it seems a lot of different coatings have come out, at least that's how long my fackbook has been bombarded with them, have any of yall tried any them? What are your thoughts?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Have a white STS & had real good luck with Turtle Wax Ice Seal & Shine last season. Spray on/off in no time flat. They have some new stuff out recently called Ice Hybrid Solutions that's getting really good reviews too. I've always been a McGuire's fan myself, but this stuff is surprisingly good.

Spyder Garage

Haven't tried it but (The Last Coat) has been getting all the rave. I use Topcoat F11. It shines but doesn't seem to last long.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

That white is HOT....very nice looking trike....
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

i dont have a white bike but this stuff definately works on red ones
    plus it has a picture of a spyder on the can so it must be good

when you go to wipe it off,it feels like you just buffed it....no effort required

i think i got it from our last muster....appears to be a BRP product but not sure

russ
    pres ride
    2014 RT-S
    bike is WIP
    bike has endured elect spike (was jump started incorrectly)
    still a WIP but bike is now running and registered....swapped out 5 modules mostly sourced from Canadian wrecker

Spyder Garage

I use the same Meguiars products and it seems to put some "depth" into the painted plastic and give it a slight shine. I don't know that you'll ever get the same shine as you did with a different color.

2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krakum1967 View Post
    That white is HOT....very nice looking trike....
    Yup ... That !
    That said, on my black F3 I've been using mainly Meguiars and Wizards. Lst fall, a good buddy gave me some stuff called Simple Reflections to try. Gotta admit, it made my black really shine. The deal maker was when a couple buddies asked me what I used on my paint. One with a black H-D gave it a try and was hooked. Not stupid priced either..
    https://squareup.com/market/simple-reflection-cleaner/

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

2014 RTS, Pearl White. Mothers car wash, Mothers wax, Mothers detailer as needed, Groits Garage for the black plastic and tires.

Seems ok. Shine is good, lasts well. The Pearl White certainly does not have the depth as a darker non pearl color, but still holds its own in looking good when clean.

Spyder Garage

Probably doesn't show the swirl marks as well either

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Yea Meguairs does give a bit of dept but only a little shine, thats where I was hoping for more shine.!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    When I had my Black 14 RTL, I used Meguiars Ultimate products and it really made the spyder SHINE.

I now have a White Pearl 18 F3L, I am using the same products, but the spyder doesn't seem so shine so brightly.

My question is to the owners of white spyders, what have you found that really makes your white spyder shine. In the last year or so it seems a lot of different coatings have come out, at least that's how long my fackbook has been bombarded with them, have any of yall tried any them? What are your thoughts?
    Last year at the Maggie Rally, I met a lovely lady who was wiping her F3 off, and asked her what she used. She said F-11 topcoat. I took her over to my RT Ltd and told her to run her nails over it. She was amazed and asked what was on there.
    I use a product called COLLINITE 845. It was originally developed to treat telephone pole insulators and protect them from hash weather conditions. It goes on like butter, dries to a haze, wipes off with no dust, and is INCREDIBLY long lasting. The shine is fantastic, and it resists dust, bugs, and beads water for months. I've only seen it sold by Advance Auto or online. Google it and give it a try. I've told folks if they don't like it, I'll buy it from them. So far, no takers.

Spyder Garage

Thats the stuff I was looking for the last few years, my buddy uses it in the desert, and its got a tough finish. Now that I have the name again, I can find it....thanks
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krakum1967 View Post
    Thats the stuff I was looking for the last few years, my buddy uses it in the desert, and its got a tough finish. Now that I have the name again, I can find it....thanks
    You're Welcome. This stuff is relatively unknown in the wax world. It's more of a wax/sealant that literally seals in the shine. Use a very small amount, as they say too much will streak. I've tried lots of waxes, and never seen anything to equal the durability of this stuff. Smells good, too!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 silver (that's not what BRP calls it, I think they call it Magnesium or something like that) Spyder F3-Ltd and my wife has the 2016 F3-T Ruby Red Spyder. We have used several products and I can attest that I NEVER get the shine she gets with the same products. In my opinion, you will never get that same shine you had on your black bike, on a white bike. It just won't happen. The darker colors can reflect more from a shine than a light color. I had a custom car paint judge tell me when I asked what the best color was, he said black. And he said the good about black is when it's clean and polished, it looks like a mirror ......... the bad, when it's not clean and polished, it looks really dirty and old.
    And everyone always likes the looks of my wife's bike better than mine ....... life in SpyderLand ........

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I have been using Pinnacle wash, pinnacle carnauba wax and LaMonster black Dymond inbetween washes...I think it is great. I have also tried Klasse products and thought they were great too. I am always experimenting so maybe I will try the Collinite...you know.... the grass is always greener...lol

Spyder Garage

Well I ordered a bottle of Collinite 845, I also ordered Jescar Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant to go with it. According to reviews on Amazon, apply the Jescar first then the Collinate. Supposed to really bring out the paint color, depth and shine! It will be some time before I can get good weather to try this stuff, when I do I will post my findings.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I also have a pearl white RT. It can be spotless and smooth and it will never look as "shiny" as a colored bike. The color itself in colored bikes is a background of sort to reflect light in different ways to create that shine we see. It's clean and shiny when it's clean and shiny, but it won't "shine" like colored bikes. It's all good though.....Just ride with pride n smiles
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Collinite 845

Quote Originally Posted by Quartermain View Post
    Last year at the Maggie Rally, I met a lovely lady who was wiping her F3 off, and asked her what she used. She said F-11 topcoat. I took her over to my RT Ltd and told her to run her nails over it. She was amazed and asked what was on there.
    I use a product called COLLINITE 845. It was originally developed to treat telephone pole insulators and protect them from hash weather conditions. It goes on like butter, dries to a haze, wipes off with no dust, and is INCREDIBLY long lasting. The shine is fantastic, and it resists dust, bugs, and beads water for months. I've only seen it sold by Advance Auto or online. Google it and give it a try. I've told folks if they don't like it, I'll buy it from them. So far, no takers.
    Ordered the Collinite a week ago and just applied it the the Circuit Yellow . Really brings out the color and makes it pop. Easy to put on too. I like it!! The V-Max is next. It's Metallic black ( the fastest color). Collinite should do great.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow