Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Question for Joe and Ann on the 2020 so far

I was just trying to do some comparisons between the 2020 RT and the 2020 RT Limited.

Limited has 6 speaker, RT has 4.
    Limited comes with the Top Case (219401011), RT does not.
    Limited comes with automatically adjusted suspension and RT is manual.
    The RT does not have passenger heated grips and it appears you can't add them while the Limited has both driver and passenger heated grips.
    RT has Comfort Seat, limited comes with Heated Comfort Seat (219400972)
    I also had difficulty trying to add the passenger armrests to the limited without losing the stock top case configuration?

Any light you can shed on this, whether I have it correct or not, would be really appreciated, and thank you in advance hope your enjoying the training!
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    I was just trying to do some comparisons between the 2020 RT and the 2020 RT Limited.

Limited has 6 speaker, RT has 4.
    Limited comes with the Top Case (219401011), RT does not.
    Limited comes with automatically adjusted suspension and RT is manual.
    The RT does not have passenger heated grips and it appears you can't add them while the Limited has both driver and passenger heated grips.
    RT has Comfort Seat, limited comes with Heated Comfort Seat (219400972)
    I also had difficulty trying to add the passenger armrests to the limited without losing the stock top case configuration?

Any light you can shed on this, whether I have it correct or not, would be really appreciated, and thank you in advance hope your enjoying the training!
    Driver and Passenger have heated grips on all 2020 RTs

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Check. Thank you to the “Other Joe”
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

They just started arriving at the dealerships in Arkansas.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Been seeing some posts about other dealers getting them as well......starting to get an itch.....trying to fight it......
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Driver and Passenger have heated grips on all 2020 RTs

Cruzr Joe
    The RT does not have heated grips for passenger only the driver.
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They do have heated seat for the driver and passenger

Spyder Garage

Will definitely need to verify the heated grip config. My wife really likes them and I’ll want to make sure to keep the better half happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Winger View Post
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The RTL does have heated seats and grips

ULTRA COMFORTABLE HEATED SEATS
    In addition to the added seating space, the Limited package allows riders and passengers to stay warm with heated seats and grips.

Anyway good luck on your new Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Winger View Post
    I hate to argue with you BUT, any 2020 RT has both Driver and passenger heated grips.

Cruzr Joe

RTGrips.jpg

actually, I do like arguing, but only when i am right LOL

Spyder Garage

Ok, there are 5 differences between the RT and RTL:
    Frunk liner and light in RTL
    DRL type of light on RTL
    Top case on RTL
    Self adjusting rear shock on RTL
    Heated grips and seat for driver and passenger on RTL, heated grips for driver only on RT. No seat heat, no passenger grip heat on the RT
    No accessories were on hand, so the “what fits what “
    piece is a while off. We know the 2020 takes a different backrest, but is cheaper than the older one.
    If you want those features, buy the RTL. Ends up cheaper than buying all the bits separate. Passenger grip heat not an accessory. You could buy all the parts, install. $$$!

Our task is get to Texas, get our 4 th unit, clean and polish, and outfit our trailer. Big fun!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No arm rests for RTL, guess that will be an option. Difficult to install, brentc mentioned a problem, wife must have arm rests.

Spyder Garage

The photo i put up is from the BRP Catalog, I have not had a chance to actually look at one but i will next week.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I hate to argue with you BUT, any 2020 RT has both Driver and passenger heated grips.

Cruzr Joe

RTGrips.jpg

actually, I do like arguing, but only when i am right LOL
    Rider and Diver are the same so the heated grip is listed twice in error I think. I tried to look at photos and it looked like there were no controls on the back. So you will have to let us know when you get one in what you find out. Thanks Joe
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update and info Joe, much appreciated for sure. Ride safe and keep the updates on your adventure coming.

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Ok, there are 5 differences between the RT and RTL:
    Frunk liner and light in RTL
    DRL type of light on RTL
    Top case on RTL
    Self adjusting rear shock on RTL
    Heated grips and seat for driver and passenger on RTL, heated grips for driver only on RT. No seat heat, no passenger grip heat on the RT
    No accessories were on hand, so the “what fits what “
    piece is a while off. We know the 2020 takes a different backrest, but is cheaper than the older one.
    If you want those features, buy the RTL. Ends up cheaper than buying all the bits separate. Passenger grip heat not an accessory. You could buy all the parts, install. $$$!

Our task is get to Texas, get our 4 th unit, clean and polish, and outfit our trailer. Big fun!!
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I went online and there was no optional or standard heated grips for passenger, so maybe the catalog ( and I) are wrong, sorry I was going by the info I received from BRP via the catalog.

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

I found the same thing. I’m wondering if the early catalogs had a misprint?

Thanks for triple checking that.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I went on line also and it stated no heated grips for passenger.I thought maybe the Canadian bike and the US bike might have different options.If the RT has heated grips for rider why not also for the passenger how much would it cost sine they already have the wiring on the RTL.If your going to be 2 up buy the RTL.
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

I have 2 RTL and 1 RT in the driveway, all 2020. I think some prototypes might have passenger heat, but most(all) should not. The official fact sheet says no passenger grip or seat heat, and no seat heat for driver. All models have driver grip heat.
    Joe Meyer

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I went online and there was no optional or standard heated grips for passenger, so maybe the catalog ( and I) are wrong, sorry I was going by the info I received from BRP via the catalog.

Cruzr joe
    Look closer. The catalog is correct. The RT lists rider heated grips. The RTL lists driver and passenger heated grips! BRP quite often uses the word rider to mean the person on the front seat, particularly if the connotation is only one person on the Spyder.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    I found the same thing. I’m wondering if the early catalogs had a misprint?

Thanks for triple checking that.
    There have always been some glitch's in info between catalogs, manuals, and specs. BRP is very good at copy/paste and sometimes that results in bad information. Hence, the "weasel words" about not responsible for errors or the right to change specs at any time, etc.

We will get it worked out as usual. Once someone knows something for sure, post it up.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-26-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Look closer. The catalog is correct. The RT lists rider heated grips. The RTL lists driver and passenger heated grips! BRP quite often uses the word rider to mean the person on the front seat, particularly if the connotation is only one person on the Spyder.
    Look closer, it says Rider heated grips and it says Driver heated grips on the RT Base, but I think it is a misprint and only has Driver heated grips. I think the final consensus is Driver only.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Look closer, it says Rider heated grips and it says Driver heated grips on the RT Base, but I think it is a misprint and only has Driver heated grips. I think the final consensus is Driver only.

Cruzr Joe
    Oops, I missed the driver one. Since the RTL listing says driver and passenger it looks like the rider item is redundant to the driver item in the RT list. As has been said, it's not the first time BRP has botched up documentation!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

arm rests are available as an extra, I have ordered them for my 2020 RTL, when it comes in.

Spyder Garage

Rear Sprocket is a 79 tooth. I forgot who asked - but they are properly quick!!
    Joe Meyer