Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyjfrancis View Post
    Yes, I am very curious to see how it will work. To me it takes away from the sportiness of the Ryker. You might as well get a Spyder with all that storage. I just need enough room to store my jacket and personal items. I was just thinking about the Chad side bag. However, will wait on reviews.
    The bags and top box are removable. I have the Shad bag and I need more room.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Yes, I was saying with a passenger and the three piece luggage how would that affect the suspension. Not just the 3 piece luggage alone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget that this is the VW Beetle of full size 4 passenger cars.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Finally got my bags mounted and my wiring issues worked out. huge kudos to slingmods and spyderextras for their amazing customer service
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Looks great. Would like to see how it rides with a passenger. How are the shocks?

Spyder Garage

Ordered a set. Looks like they are on backorder until May because of Covid-19.
    2019 Ryker Rally , Black and blue

Spyder Garage

Hi. I am interested in seeing how 4 screws can hold three suitcases full of luggage. I would like to know experiences. Thank you

Spyder Garage

Looks great. Would like to see how it rides with a passenger. How are the shocks?
    To add.....I have the 2-up spring on standard 900.

2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

looks good
    Don't get mad at me if you don't like my answer.....

Spyder Garage

I am running elka stage 3 front and back. It feels perfect with just the bags no passenger. I made an adjustment for a quick ride with the wife but it wasn't quite right I will play around a bit this weekend. As for the ride it felt fine as the driver the wife was happy but said she couldn't see doing a 6 to 8 hour ride on back which is fine I don't wanna do a 6 to 8 hour ride either.

Spyder Garage

Okay, not looking at this negatively. I would love to get the luggage, however was concern about the weight distribution. With two adults let’s say 170 lbs each and the additional luggage’s. Can the current suspension handle that amount of weight . Glass is half-full.

Spyder Garage

Okay, not looking at this negatively. I would love to get the luggage, however was concern about the weight distribution. With two adults let’s say 170 lbs each and the additional luggage’s. Can the current suspension handle that amount of weight . Glass is half-full.
    NO - also if you add only a Topcase to the side-case (like mine) its impossible to ride with the standard shocks maybe with the Rally-version - we had to adjust the FOX shock on the back to the absolut maximum (wich is now not really "comfortable") - now it works .. (my fender on the 900 Ace is damaged) - its better if you install a larger Tank-bag, if you plan a2up tour with luggage ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQsis3FES4&t=68s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Even if you were not going to add the luggage system and planned to ride two up very often you want to minimally add the 2 up spring to the standard shock.

Spyder Garage

Love your larger windshield. Great set up. I like you keyed top case luggage. That is exactly what I am looking for. Still have a passage seat and a top case luggage rack. What is the name of that top case and what mount did you use to connect to the mount Mac on the can am rally edition?

Spyder Garage

Love your larger windshield. Great set up. I like you keyed top case luggage. That is exactly what I am looking for. Still have a passage seat and a top case luggage rack. What is the name of that top case and what mount did you use to connect to the mount Mac on the can am rally edition?
    its a simple alu-plate "over" the maxmount with a GIVI plate - I use it also to fix a lower and wider seat-cushion for my girl ... sometimes we ryde 8 hours a day - my girl didn`t like the orginal seat ..
    made it on the first day when I got the Ryker a year ago, works fine (10.000 miles now !)

you see it here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj5xzeyHToM
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

That is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Spyder Garage

Hi Chris56, what do you think the chances are of the 3 bag system working with upgraded rear shock? I’m waiting for custom made Elka shock. Otherwise if that does not work I will have to sell the 3 bag system and just go with side shad bag and tank bag. It’s a bit frustrating
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by snayl135 View Post
    Hi Chris56, what do you think the chances are of the 3 bag system working with upgraded rear shock? I’m waiting for custom made Elka shock. Otherwise if that does not work I will have to sell the 3 bag system and just go with side shad bag and tank bag. It’s a bit frustrating
    I think with an Elka shock you should have no more problems, just tell them for what load you want to use it - I only took the Fox a year ago, because Elka had at this time no shocks for the Ryker available

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

hello cueman, yes I bought the 3 bag system and I think everybody needs these bags. Easy to install and works great. Heavy duty and very rugged.
    2020 rally , yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the report my friend. cueman

Spyder Garage

I am using the 3 bag system with elka stage 3 with no issues i had them set originally for a 200lbs rider, with my wife and the bags we are around 350lbs total i had to adjust the rear spring but we are having no issues what so ever.

Spyder Garage

Still lurking but this is what I would go to (or something similar) for the wiring disconnects..... https://www.rosenberger.com/0_docume...Flyer_2010.pdf

Spyder Garage

Well - latest update ... I finally installed ELKA stage 4 rear suspension - problem solved riding 2-up with 3-piece luggage system!! Yay!
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

I was concerned about the weight capacity. Asked Slingmods and they said each bag only holds a max of 10lbs. That doesn't seem like a sturdy case to me. Especially for that price.

Spyder Garage

Ten pounds of groceries isn't very much. Ten pounds of clothes is plenty for trips. I am not blessed with lots of extra money I need to save and scrimp to make a purchase like this and feel like it was money well spent.