Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeRyker View Post
    Well that sucks. I emailed to ask about the promotion and they honored it and refunded me $100. Maybe I got lucky. Sorry it didnt work for you.
    Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it. cueman

Spyder Garage

I think this system really makes the Ryker “look” better IMO...too much air showing thru on side views of basic Rykers, plus the one only saddle bag is well just ugly
    One up touring doesn’t require a RT or F3, just storage and comfort. I owned at 1981 Honda GL 500 Goldwing Interstate, it would run 75 mph all day long with comfort, decent protection and removable 3 piece luggage while listening to a built in cassette deck lol. Undecided if the 600 fits my wishes or I would want more power for highway passing but I can see myself building a baby RT!

Spyder Garage

Recieved an email today that my 3 bag set up shipped from slingmods today.

Spyder Garage

post deleted
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

You're a real ray of sunshine ain't Ya

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Be sure to let us know how you like them. cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dklehman View Post
    Recieved an email today that my 3 bag set up shipped from slingmods today.
    Awesome! Mine are scheduled for a Saturday delivery. You must be darn close to where they shipped from. I'll be installing either late Saturday or on Sunday. Let us know how you like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    I have a good friend who did business with them on a Slingshot. Nothing fit right, there were finish issues, it wouldn't' stay locked, and they basically refused to service it without so many hoops that it became impossible.

I've heard many similar stories, I just can't see ever doing business with them.
    I've had absolutely zero issues with Slingmods. They even refunded me the $100 shipping on the 3 bag set when I emailed to ask if they would honor the free shipping code they had going as a promotion.
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to the pics....

Spyder Garage

I received mine today. The build seems very high quality. The 2 saddlebags are quite heavy and I’m concerned with 2-up riding if the rally suspension can handle it. I will have to set the suspension setting to max probably. But I’m not sure if preload setting needs to be done in the rally. Hoping the damping setting is enough. But otherwise I’m impressed with the quality and luggage space. Once obscene installed I’ll post pics. Hopefully over the next few days.
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

My bad! They are heavy because the metal frame pieces were inside on delivery ��. Duh

Spyder Garage

I have to apologize, I somehow misread that this was a Corbin product, and I was referring to them, NOT SlingMods!! NO idea how I did that, but I am sorry if I caused any distress! I took down the post now that I realized my error.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by snayl135 View Post
    My bad! They are heavy because the metal frame pieces were inside on delivery ��. Duh
    The weight being added to the Ryker remains the same though.

Spyder Garage

Yes but I thought the bags were heavy THEN I had to add the additional hardware - anyway it’s all done....if anyone is doing this I would adjust preload on the rear suspension . The saddle bag system is pretty awesome and the lights sync with the brakes and turn signals.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Looks good! Thinking about pulling the trigger.
    2019 Ryker Rally , Black and blue

Spyder Garage

Absolutely love them!!!!! They surpassed my expectation of quality in both mounting hardware and the bags themselves. For me, well worth the cost. Now I can finally lock up my helmet when away from the Ryker, as well as bring my drone and all other camera equipment.
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks like a nice setup.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Since I am on a budgeted retirement income, I had to go the cheap way and purchased a Comie luggage box and mount. It is sort of a Givi knock off, I guess. But, the whole thing was less than $50 bucks with free shipping and it has one of those easy on and off mounts. Yesterday, I went to the local grocery store and brought home $50 worth of groceries, my wife's medications from the pharmacy and the mail, including a small parcel. Since I have it mounted right behind me, I also get to added benefit of the backrest. Sorry if this is a repetition of another posting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How many holes did you have to drill to mount it? cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    How many holes did you have to drill to mount it? cueman
    Good question. I thought about that before mounting it. I used one existing hole and drilled three new holes. I believe they were 1/4" holes. I also unscrewed the plastic rally fender under the max mount, dropped it while I fastened the Comie mount, and then fastened the plastic Rally fender back under the maxmount. Of course, in the photo it shows a normal fender, but that is because I had recently put a full fender replacement for the short, partial Rally fender. For the money, that Comie box works fine. I went to the grocery store the other day and picked up $50 worth of groceries, stopped and picked up my wife's meds at the pharmacy and then picked up the mail with a small package on the way home. It all fit in the box. It is rated for two helmets. It is not a fine as a $600 set of luggage, but it does not make that claim. Basically, it is like a Givi knockoff.

Spyder Garage

Well consider added weight- I have to change our rear suspension on the rally when carrying a passenger now since adding the system and we are only 325lbs combined. Solo is fine but 2-up we bottom out now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeRyker View Post
    Well that sucks. I emailed to ask about the promotion and they honored it and refunded me $100. Maybe I got lucky. Sorry it didnt work for you.
    Maybe because you have a higher social media presence. Might work in their favour...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard72 View Post
    Maybe because you have a higher social media presence. Might work in their favour...
    I initially thought that as well, but our Slingmods account is under my wife's email which isn't related to my IG or YT. I think I just got lucky maybe?
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

Just ordered a set and a new windshield. Was going to order their new stereo system but I think I spent enough money for awhile.
    2019 Ryker Rally , Black and blue

Spyder Garage

Yes, I am very curious to see how it will work. To me it takes away from the sportiness of the Ryker. You might as well get a Spyder with all that storage. I just need enough room to store my jacket and personal items. I was just thinking about the Chad side bag. However, will wait on reviews.