Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I don't ever plan on doing any trips that require a ton of luggage. I just wanted a setup I could put a few groceries in, beer, small store items, snacks for long trips (and not having to worry about them cooking in the front glove box), GoPro accessories, somewhere to throw my gloves, etc. and a top case that would be able to fit my helmet to lock it up when out on a ride. When I do have a passenger, it's my 15 year old daughter who is around 90 lbs. I have the 2-up spring. So for me, this is perfect.
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know the weight of this full 3 bag set? I cannot find it on the website.
    Recommended weight limit of Ryker is limited.
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It must be really heavy for what it cost to ship! cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Its a size thing. You wouldn't understand.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That was a good one my friend! cueman

Spyder Garage

Meh. Shipping is what it is. No big deal to me. Just glad they came out with them.
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

agree

Spyder Garage

definitely looking forward to this setup. My wife and I ride 2-up and so far we have just carried a backpack and used the frunk for overnight. That alone is doable, but not desirable. I can imaging the 3-piece set up MUST be an improvement. Granted, this is NOT an RT. I would want to pack relatively light anyway. Interesting thing, with the weight limit of the Ryker - my understanding is the F3 has similar overall weight limit. Looking at the installation video from Slingmods it seems well thought out and durable. I like the fact that the lights are synced with the brake light and turn signals and you can add a light harness for flashing brake light if you want for added safety still. Pricey - yes, but looks like just the thing for the Ryker. with the 2-up spring on the Rally, I don't think its going to be an issue. Also, to answer a previous question, I believe it is spyderextras that is producing this and being sold through Slingmods.
    Time will tell if this product lives up to the hype. I am optimistic from what I have seen come from Slingmods so far.
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

Good idea. Because if you have the Ryker rally with the 3piece luggage attach and no passenger you have to adjust suspension to max. So how would that work with an additional passenger on the back. Things that make you say hmmmmm.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyjfrancis View Post
    Good idea. Because if you have the Ryker rally with the 3piece luggage attach and no passenger you have to adjust suspension to max. So how would that work with an additional passenger on the back. Things that make you say hmmmmm.
    Huh? There is no way the 3-piece luggage set weighs that much. You're saying that the 3-piece luggage is heavier than a passenger? Setting suspension to max with just the 3-piece makes no sense at all. With the regular 900 and 2-up spring, I don't have the spring set anywhere near max, and my teenage daughter (90lbs) is with me most of the time.

Unless I misunderstood what you're saying.
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeRyker View Post
    Huh? There is no way the 3-piece luggage set weighs that much. You're saying that the 3-piece luggage is heavier than a passenger? Setting suspension to max with just the 3-piece makes no sense at all. With the regular 900 and 2-up spring, I don't have the spring set anywhere near max, and my teenage daughter (90lbs) is with me most of the time.

Unless I misunderstood what you're saying.
    I think what they are saying is that with the 3 bags on the Ryker and having them filled with gear, you would need to max out your suspension setting. Adding a passenger to that equation puts you over the top.

I do not agree with what they said. I have a Rally and ride two up all of the time and I don't even have my suspension maxed out right not as it is.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    I think what they are saying is that with the 3 bags on the Ryker and having them filled with gear, you would need to max out your suspension setting. Adding a passenger to that equation puts you over the top.

I do not agree with what they said. I have a Rally and ride two up all of the time and I don't even have my suspension maxed out right not as it is.
    Ah, ok. I mean, if you are getting them with the expectation of loading them with over 100+ lbs of stuff, I can maybe see that. But given the recommended weight is only 10 lbs per bag/topcase, I'm not seeing the extra 40 - 50 lbs (which includes the weight of the mounting bracket and bags themselves.......and that's with no idea about how much the full thing weighs) fully loaded, being a big deal.

People are really looking at these from a half glass empty perspective. So much negative......sheesh.
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Rally suspension may handle the extra weight. Won’t know until we try. Not seeing any negative except the shipping cost being quoted to me at $150.00. Can I afford it? Yes Do I want to pay that? No, I think that could be a deal breaker for me. IMO, it is an unproven product at about $700.00. I like the concept and hope it works well. I support, or not support what I choose. I’m anxious to see some reviews. cueman

Spyder Garage

The price is likely prOhibitive but then again going the OEM route(s) you will typically pay more, get less storage, lose the use of the passenger seat or all three.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    The price is likely prOhibitive but then again going the OEM route(s) you will typically pay more, get less storage, lose the use of the passenger seat or all three.
    Agreed. I'm really loving the integrated brake lights as well. I couldn't imagine how much a 3 bag setup with integrated brake lights would cost. Looking at AdMore Lighting LEDs on a Shad SH48 is $150 before shipping. The SH48 itself is almost $250.

Everything is a non-proven product upon release. I'd get me a C8 Corvette if I could, and they have an absolute ton of orders for it. (Did I really just compare a C8 to some Ryker bags? I'm losing it)
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh well, I guess I’m just getting old. cueman

Spyder Garage

Oh well, I guess I’m just getting old. cueman
    Nah. Not at all Different strokes, different folks.
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

FYI..........coupon code "SLINGSHIP" for free shipping on the bags. I believe during February, and US.
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I find that is fact, this old man is going to order! checking now. cueman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Awwwww. I can’t seem to be able to find it. Gotta link?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just called Slingmods and tried to order Ryker 3-bag system with free shipping and no dice. Will not provide free shipping, but this time quoted $100.00. cueman

Spyder Garage

You guys complaining of prices need to come here to Australia where basically any mods are imported from the USA. The price conversions are insane!

Spyder Garage

I first posted on the 3 bag system back in October when they estimated the cost at $499, even have an email back and forth with Sling Mods when they raised the price, now $699 + shipping? I called and was told that there was several changes to the system and top case changed, plus now wiring harness and lights on bags, oh and a raise in shipping tariffs (thanks to Trump) makes us as buyers have higher cost. Have 2 Ryker Rally's that I was going to buy bags for, but now I'm looking at almost $1700, I don't think so, maybe if they were carrying the Givi name , but coming from China I'm gonna need to see a set in person before I commit that kind of money. Plus I don't like how my post just up and disappeared from this website like it never was posted.
    U.S. ARMY (RET), SHERIFF'S DEPUTY, PATROL OFFICER (LEO RET)
    NEVER DRIVE FASTER, THEN YOU GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY...

Spyder Garage

Which post up and disappeared Rob? The Mods/Admin here really try not to delete any posts, and effectively can't once they've been submitted & displayed, as they all remain recorded even if they breach our rules & so no longer remain visible to everyone else... but I can't find any record of any posts you've made besides your existing 13 (to date) posts being deleted/removed from public view, altho I can find a post that most (including you) probably may not readily be able to find, where you replied with some detail to the Spyderbot Welcome over in the 'Welcome' thread in that section:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...bval1987-to-SL

Just as an aside, all that info you gave us there ^ probably would've been a little more easily read by all & therefore useful if you'd put it in saaay... this Can-Am Ryker section, or even in Enabled Spyder Ryders section, where most of the rest of us with 'different abilities to most' have posted to share some of what we face & how we manage.

But regardless of that, was it that post that you reckon has disappeared? Or something else entirely?

Ps: really like your handbrake set-up! And I can certainly understand your issues with the bags & $$
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-19-2020 at 07:29 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Just called Slingmods and tried to order Ryker 3-bag system with free shipping and no dice. Will not provide free shipping, but this time quoted $100.00. cueman
    Well that sucks. I emailed to ask about the promotion and they honored it and refunded me $100. Maybe I got lucky. Sorry it didnt work for you.
    2019 900 ACE , Black