Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Anybody buy Slingmods Ryker 3- bag system?

Opinions good or bad appreciated. I also wonder if there’s a warranty. Didn’t think I saw anything on that. cueman

Spyder Garage

Isn't it just still on pre-order?
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thought I read they are in stock and ready to ship. Now I would want to inform you to be fair, I just had need surgery yesterday and who knows? LOL cueman

Spyder Garage

Its still shown as pre-order only.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just called and you are correct.

Spyder Garage

I can't wait to see this in person. I am liking all the lights for safety. I fabricated top case rack for my Ryker shortly after I bought it. Top case that I have holds 2 large modular helmets with communication systems and few gloves also 2 water bottles. All of that can be locked up safely. Most of time I ride by myself, I can put my Revit Sand 3 jacket, full face modular helmet, gloves gets locked up while having my coffee break.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I just called and you are correct.
    Also, they said shipping would be about $150.00 Now, if I remember correctly, another company was selling the exact same system but I can’t find it at the moment. Maybe the other company won’t charge for shipping. cueman

Spyder Garage

I have been indecisive on this item and waiting. Glad I did as now that I know you have to disconnect the wire to remove the cases and with 150.00 shipping cost I will have to pass. Just a little too pricey for me.

Spyder Garage

i cant imagine 150 for shipping you can have a large safe delivered and set up for that price. i was gonna buy one but if they are asking 150 to ship it i will pass till they get realistic with shipping prices.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They did say that it would be shipped in three boxes but still, I think that’s a deal breaker for me also. cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colonjrc View Post
    I have been indecisive on this item and waiting. Glad I did as now that I know you have to disconnect the wire to remove the cases and with 150.00 shipping cost I will have to pass. Just a little too pricey for me.
    I was wondering same thing, also that wire that taps into the wiring in the back, must run all the way by the swingarm then return back under the seat? Would it be that hard to wire a plug harness so it's a quick disconnect would be my question.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
    I was wondering same thing, also that wire that taps into the wiring in the back, must run all the way by the swingarm then return back under the seat? Would it be that hard to wire a plug harness so it's a quick disconnect would be my question.
    The wiring that runs along the swingarm does have quick disconnect plugs up at the bags.

Spyder Garage

I pre-ordered these last week. Shipping to Colorado was $100, as my total was $799. I can't wait until April which they state as an ETA for the item(s). I'll definitely be putting up a review post once installed.
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dklehman View Post
    i cant imagine 150 for shipping you can have a large safe delivered and set up for that price. i was gonna buy one but if they are asking 150 to ship it i will pass till they get realistic with shipping prices.
    I guess you haven't tried to ship anything lately, it's not cheap and the bulkier the box the more it is. Since they haven't shipped yet the jury is still out on that. Look at the prices on quality motorcycle luggage and the value becomes pretty clear. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-luggage-and-bags
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeRyker View Post
    I pre-ordered these last week. Shipping to Colorado was $100, as my total was $799. I can't wait until April which they state as an ETA for the item(s). I'll definitely be putting up a review post once installed.
    I’m in Ohio and that was probably why my shipping was higher since Slingmods is in Cali. I think.

Spyder Garage

I like the setup and not complaining about the price. Price it accordingly and be done.
    I do work in shipping and can assure you I can send them with next day delivery for under 100.00 demotic of course. I’m my opinion 100 or 150 is over priced for shipping and the reason I will not purchase. I really do like it and it’s too bad for me but just can’t justify the shipping cost.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colonjrc View Post
    I like the setup and not complaining about the price. Price it accordingly and be done.
    I do work in shipping and can assure you I can send them with next day delivery for under 100.00 demotic of course. I’m my opinion 100 or 150 is over priced for shipping and the reason I will not purchase. I really do like it and it’s too bad for me but just can’t justify the shipping cost.
    What company would that be for under $100 when you don’t know the size or weight of the boxes? Overnight too? Nope.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

I think this isa Pricey, But if 150.00 is the correct additional shipping cost then its a pass for me

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    What company would that be for under $100 when you don’t know the size or weight of the boxes? Overnight too? Nope.
    I've purchased several pieces of Givi luggage from this company in Italy. In addition to best prices, you can get all the luggage you want shipped to the USA for less than $35. Any shipping over $100 is additional profit..
    https://www.motostorm.it/en/

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

First off until I hold one in my hand I wouldn't say if these are quality luggage or not. Also revzilla ships for free for orders over 50 bucks. I don't feel like it needs to be free but should be more reasonable.

Spyder Garage

if I would ryde solo I would prefer the "Lamont" System, this Slingmods Modell holds maximum 10 pounds for each case which is not really enough for a 2up weekend ..
    I could not find out how they fix it to the max-mount, there is no space for screws under it, our FOX-shock on the back had to be adjusted now to the maximum, we got in the "closed" fender from the 900 STD two (not good looking) cuts, and we are both not really heavy ..
    For a 2up-tour You should always try to get more heavy load in the tankbag and not in the topcase, if its installed behind the passenger !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQsis3FES4&t=21s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I've purchased several pieces of Givi luggage from this company in Italy. In addition to best prices, you can get all the luggage you want shipped to the USA for less than $35. Any shipping over $100 is additional profit..
    https://www.motostorm.it/en/
    Good deals there. But add mounts and lights. I think the shipping thing wouldn't bother anyone if they added it to the price. Would $799 and free shipping make people feel better?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMHO if I’m buying an unproven new product I would think the company would, in this case, sell for $700.00 shipped to get their product out there and reviewed. There’s plenty of time to make max profit if it turns out to be a good quality set up. It seems like there’s a lot of interest but shipping cost is pushing it over the top for many. cueman

Spyder Garage

I saw the Slingmod luggage video on YouTube. I have an F3T and was very impressed with that set up. I even watched the installation! I am curious about how the Rykers rear section will perform with all bags loaded and a passenger?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is a good reason to get this product out to be reviewed so people can know what to expect at a more reasonable cost. May be other cost like, but not limited to, suspension that may also be a cost factor. cueman