Spyder Garage

Default Brake pedal 2012 rt vers 2019 f3

Ok i have been riding a 2012 rt for about 4 years and didn't ever worry about the braking speed until I picked up our new 2019 F3. all I can say about the difference is when you press the brake on the new f3 its like HOLD on we are stopping
    The RT has more of a softer pedal and its stops but the difference does not calm my worries about the wife driving the rt alone. Her split second stopping are not as AWARE as mine for after 40 years I see trouble far ahead. Her needing the stopping power of the F3 would make me less worried NOW
    I know call and have the service department check them, I WILL
    I did check fluid in RT and it didn't take a tea spoon

thoughts other than Service

I meanies more like when power brakes got adde to cars
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

In 2013 BRP switched to Brembo brakes on all models. Although pre 2013 brakes are adequate, the Brembo brakes are much better. But you can’t add Brembo brakes to an earlier model.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Regardless of the model differences, the newer Spyder WILL tend to have better brakes than the older Spyder (see JKM's post above) so if you're worried that she's not going to be quick/good enough on the 2012 RT's brakes, then maybe you should let your Wife ryde the 2019 F3 while YOU ryde the RT?!

Or you could trade the 2012 RT in on a newer model, something from 2013 on up with the Brembo brakes is going have better braking; but even if you do that, here's where the difference between models comes into play - the lighter & lower CoG on an F3 means they will always outbrake an RT if all other things are equal..... But that's not saying the RT's brakes aren't more than just adequate, just like it's not saying that your 2012 RT doesn't necessarily have good brakes.... if you've checked it all out & there's no obvious problems, then they too are very likely going to be more than just adequate, and the difference in braking performance is just going to be the same sort of difference you'd see between the brakes on a touring/family sedan & the brakes on a high performance sports car. They're just different!

Different models, different brakes! Different intended use, different brakes! Different operator, different braking..... it happens!

So you could Ride More & Worry Less! But if it really worries you, then maybe you need to let the Missus ride the new Spyder with the improved braking!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

My 2019 RTL feels like it has more linear feel to the pedal when braking than the earlier models while at the same time requiring more pedal force to get to the let's activate the anti-skid point.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange